Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

IF DUKE WINS THE FINAL FOUR...MY HUSBAND SAYS HE'LL TAKE ME TO PARIS!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:46 PM
GO DUKE!

The man is a basketball FAN!!! And, we love Duke, but, isn't this crazy! Well, I hope you all will cheer our team on so I may have my long awaited trip! <BR>Thanks ever so much! <BR>Terry

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:55 PM
sigh

and if Stanford takes it all, I win my mega-pool. Nice to know that something nice will happen to someone, no matter what.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 04:30 PM
Terry

Yes, but, a trip to France...be a sport and root for me, would ya'?

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 04:30 PM
Judy

Terry: I hope you get go to Paris, but I want Penn State to win! <BR> Judy

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 04:32 PM
Lisa

YOu never know what will happen with these promises. <BR> <BR>I had gone for 17 years "catless" as I had married a cat-hater. My poor deprived children had sat in the back seat of the car for a 3 week trip around California discussing what they would name the cat that they weren't allowed to get. My husband (who was very sceptical of the claim that there are bears in Yosemite) said that if we saw bears in Yosemite, he would buy us 4 cats. <BR> <BR>Well, to make a long story short, we saw bears, got a cat and we now have the most pampered kitty in the history of cat ownership. And guess who adores the cat the most?!!!! The former cat hater. <BR> <BR>So make your husbands stick to those promises. They'll thank you for it. Send us an e-mail from Paris!

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 04:56 PM
Art

If Duke beats UCLA today, i'll root for you, but I have to root for UCLA today. <BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 05:27 PM
Sara

Gotta go for UCLA!!! But, then I really hope you get your wish too! <BR>Good Luck!

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 05:30 PM
Al

What is basketball?

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 06:55 PM
got a laugh

That last comment was too funny. Glad I'm going in 2 weeks (ooops, 13 days now), and it isn't hanging on basketball. <BR> <BR>Enjoy all!

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 07:18 PM
Lori

Hey Judy-- I'm routing for PSU! The win against NC was one of the best I've ever seen.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 04:08 AM
Mariarosa

Terry,you have the easy part - your husband gets to take you to Europe if Duke wins. I have the hard part - we usually travel in March to Europe and miss part of the tourney. <BR>The only thing I have to say is thank god for internet cafes! Two years ago we were in Paris during the first rounds of the NCAA and we were stopping at Internet cafes all over Paris to see if Duke had advanced (we were back in time for the Final Four). Last year, we were in Spain, and again, we had to stop in internet shops all over Spain to see how they were doing (the heartbreaker occurred in Granada). This year, we were in Northern Italy and we missed the Carolina game, the ACC tourney and the first couple of rounds of the NCAA. Try finding an internet cafe in Castelrotto! There are none! (fortunately, the public library of the town, which was open from 3-6 PM on Mondays and Thursdays, and from 9-12 AM on Tuesdays and Fridays had a computer with internet connection). <BR>By the way, I would probably take that promise in writing! LOL

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 04:28 AM
xxx

There's a terrible scenario brewing here: Duke loses, Terry's husband becomes surly and impossible to live with, she doesn't get to go to Paris with him, and the Seine is overflowing its banks. <BR> <BR>I wouldn't wait for the outcome. Buy him an inflatable doll and a ticket to Vegas to go with that other guy, and you buy your ticket TODAY to go to Paris with the other's guy wife as your travel companion. <BR> <BR>And no, I am not suggesting that you should become lebanese... <BR>

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 05:20 AM
Cindy

I'm pulling for Michelle Kwan. Go, Michelle!

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 09:41 AM
andy

I wouldn't get my hotel reservations quite yet! I think it might be Arizona! <BR>Saw Duke-UCLA and USC-Kentucky last nite <BR>in Philly and the best team was USC! So, <BR>let's see if they win tomorrow in Philly <BR>and then hope. <BR>andy

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 10:48 AM
Troy

<BR>Yup, USC will beat Duke, so goodbye France. Of course they'll need Jason W. to not show up for Duke.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 11:18 AM
befuniftheywin

Go Illini! <BR> <BR>(Though, if I were in Europe during the Tourney, I wouldn't give a rat's heiney who was playing or winning.)

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 11:51 AM
carolyn

Well, Kentucky is in a snit because Petino is coming to Louisville.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 11:56 AM
Bobbie

Price for Louisville to get rid of Denny Crum: $7 million <BR> <BR>Price for Louisville to acquire Rick Pitino: $2 million <BR> <BR>Price of pissing of Kentucky fans: priceless

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 12:04 PM
Meg

Terry, now that Georgetown is out (no big surprise there - but loyaties run deep) I'm happy to root for you (not Duke but for your trip to Paris). Good luck!!

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 12:08 PM
Rex

Hi, Troy... <BR> <BR>Are you really at USC? In what capacity? My daughter goes there. <BR> <BR>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -