First time taking grandsons (aged 10 and 14) with me on two week trip to London.They've never been to UK or elsewhere in Europe. One is more "bookish" the other more "gotta find the nearest place to work off energy" type kid.
The first five days, and then the weekend of June 2-5, are "firm" for London. Having lived and visited there, I have some good ideas for what will appeal to them (but am always open to further ideas).
I think School Holidays start June 1 in 2012. June 2-5 is Jubilee Weekend. Not sure these will affect getting accomodations outside London. Thoughts on this?
We have two day/nights, then four day/nights, periods to spend outside London traveling by public transport. Seeking ideas for these times. They love great beaches for swimming (eg Hawaii) but i doubt water would be comfortable in late May early June in UL.
Perhaps York for two days? Thoughts, experiences, on this destination?? Maybe Paris via Eurostar for three days? Ideas, feedback, ALL suggestions ,most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 4 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 5 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 10 days in europe
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 European honeymoon help needed
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Portugal
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 16 Where to stay in Naples?
- 17 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 18 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 19 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 20 Browsing Barcelona
- 21 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Croatia in mid/late October
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
Ideas: Trip ideas for several days outside London --with two active kids