My fiancé and I are in early 30s, vegetarians, teetotallers. I have travelled a bit in Europe (Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, Amsterdam, Vienna, Salzburg, Venice, Florence, Rome, Perugia, Amalfi, Madrid, Segovia, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Barcelona, a bit of Tuscan & Umbrian small towns). I love Europe (especially Italy) and I love travelling. My fiancé hasn’t travelled much in life in general and hasn’t been to Europe (except staying in London for work for few months), but he is very excited about travelling.
I love nature, culture, history & art, food, landscapes, immersing in local culture, taking long walks in the city centre, cooking classes, cycling, etc. He is not much into museums and art but loves nature, beach, lakes, playing guitar, Spanish music, long walks, food, hiking, skiing, etc.
We are getting a last minute chance to take an 8N/8D break in Europe next month, i.e., November 2015. It is pertinent to note that the trip would be to and fro London. We are open to overnight train travel to get to the destination, if need be (given we shall start the trip on a Friday evening post-office).
I am hoping for this to be a romantic trip. It would not only be his first trip to Europe, but also our first trip together. So it is special all the more. I do want to showcase the quintessential Europe to him. So it should be a mix of something that a first-timer should see, and not only chosen because of its proximity to London, although that is a factor to consider. I would also like to avoid going to places I have already visited. I do not want to cram too many places in this short trip either. The idea is to enjoy what we see without rushing, and believe that we shall be blessed to keep coming back to Europe for decades to come. I would appreciate if the helpful posters here could suggest an itinerary and sequence for the same.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 2 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 3 Family vacation
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 GTG Paris December 2017
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 Christmas Markets 2017
- 10 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 11 Budget trip
- 12 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 13 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 14 Driving
- 15 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 16 Algarve Town Selection
- 17 Tips for first trip to UK
- 18 paris to london- day trip
- 19 Browsing Barcelona
- 20 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 23 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 24 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 25 Portugal
Ideas for last-minute 8N/8D couple's trip to Europe from London please