Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Id disneyland Paris mid January a bad idea?!

Nov 8th, 2002, 03:50 PM
jules

My husband and I are thinking of going to disneyland paris for 2 days and staying in one of their hotels. How will it be mid january? Will there still be parades or fireworks?

Nov 8th, 2002, 05:30 PM
xxx

They should have a website that you can check.

But is it really worth it to go to Disneyland; wouldn't you want to stay in Paris or visit another region in France for 2 days?

Nov 8th, 2002, 06:12 PM
yyy

Disneyland Paris is a bad idea at any time of year. What is the point? Travel all the way to Paris and spend your time at a totally American attraction? I don't get it. All that art and architecture and culture all around you and you choose to waste your time at cartoon land? Amazing how artificial some Americans' lives are and how willing they are to waste money.

Nov 8th, 2002, 07:34 PM
xxx

But she didn't say if she's American! But for sure I agree why travel all the way to France and spend time at Disneyland.

Nov 9th, 2002, 01:04 AM
Youpeopleare

Did it ever occur to you that someone may just want to take a break from "culture"? Maybe they have kids that have been cooped up on a long European trip and they just want to have fun?! Maybe they live in Europe and just want to have a good time?! You people do know that there are MANY amusement parks in Europe don't you? Or are you so busy hitting all the "tourist" spots that you have forgotten that people all over the world like to have a good time?!!! Get over yourselves!!!!

Nov 9th, 2002, 02:17 AM
Jan

Jules,
I am interested in answers to your question, as well! I would like to hear from any European or Ex-pat who has visited Disney in January. All others...if you can't add anything worthwhile, keep it to yourselves.
Thank you,
Jan

Nov 9th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Martine

Disyland Paris is great!!! As a frequent Disneyland Paris visitor I can say you that mid January is a very good idea. Low season, not to long queues, enough place in any of their hotels... but (unfortunately) no fireworks.
You know they have two parks? Magic Kingdom and the Disney Studios. The Magic Kingdom is the best. Better than the Magic Kingdom in Disney World. But the Disney Studios are too little to spent the whole day. Except for the "Rock and Roller Coaster" it is not worth to take a day-pass.