Icelandair carry on weight limit..help!

Old Jun 18th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Icelandair carry on weight limit..help!

I'm a photographer and am departing for Glasgow on Wednesday. Just picked up a scale to weigh my camera backpack and gear. Looks like I'm in the 15-17lb range. Iceland air limits to 13lbs for coach. 20lbs for business class.

Anyone know how strict they are on weight. Not sure what I would do at the airport if they said I had too much...very risky to check it.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 11:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey there. My husband and I are both into photography and we just got back from Iceland flying Icelandair. We were also a little worried about being slightly over the limit. However, they didn't give our camera bags a second glance, let alone weigh them, and they were under the linear inch limit.

If it helps, you are allowed one "personal bag" (or maybe it's just that ladies are allowed a handbag), so we had a folding backpack with us that we were prepared to store lenses etc. in if we were stopped.

For what it's worth, I dropped a pound off my weight by checking my ballhead. I would have been upset if it had been lost, but it's better than losing glass...
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 01:46 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do they really weigh your carry-on? We were going to travel with just a carry on, but it will definitely be over 13 pounds. We are travelling Iceland Air in October and we're planning on putting the CPAP machine in our carry-on but that will make the bag at least 20-25 pounds?