I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Dubrovnik
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Norte Dame light show!
- 7 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 10 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 11 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 12 10 Days in Austria
- 13 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 Greece in end October
- 16 Champagne Tours
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 20 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 24 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 25 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017