Leaving for Iceland around end of may, 2013 for 6 days. We are doing the southern circuit, itinerary as follows:
1. Land, pick up rental car, drive to Vik for overnight . Apart from the 2-3 waterfalls (Seljilandifoss, skogafoss), what other places should I stop at before reaching Vik ?
2. Drive East to Fosshotel Skaftafell for overnight. What is recommended on the way here?
Planing to visit JokulSarlon on this evening (2 hrs drive, I think?). Can I stop by roadside to take pics of Volcanoes/glaciers, or is it dangerous/not allowed?
3. Wake up early, drive to Jokulsarlon again...drive back towards Selfoss, overnight at Selfoss. Any other hidden waterfalls that I should know of besides the known ones ?
4. Drive to the golden triangle and then go west towards Snaefelsness, overnight at Hellnar. Tips for this day ? Is the road inside the Snaefelsness peninsula driveable at this time of the year (May end) ?
Where could I see any birds, especially Puffins, Eagles ? Photography is also a big interest for us.
Any tips will be appreciated. We will mostly be on the ring road through our journey. I hope we don't get too much bad weather around may 23 onwards.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Naples?
- 2 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 land vs river cruise
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 7 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 10 Portugal
- 11 Browsing Barcelona
- 12 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 13 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Croatia in mid/late October
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona