Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Iceland - reservations needed end of September
Notices

Iceland - reservations needed end of September

Aug 6th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Iceland - reservations needed end of September

We will be in Iceland from 9/17 - 9/21. We are spending two nights in Reykjavik and then renting a car and spending two nights probably in Stykkisholmur or somewhere on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula. Then back to R for one night before flying home. As alternative would be to spend the two nights in the south of the country but the west seems more interesting. Our preference would be to NOT have reservations and see where we end up but don't know if that's advisable in part because some hotels/guest houses will be closed I think at that time of year. Any suggestions about either need for reservations or places to stay. Thanks!
Aug 14th, 2011, 01:01 PM

Got back about 2 weeks ago.
Personally, I think 2 nights in Reykjavik is too long. but I don't know if you have a list of things to see. Personally I prefer the countryside.

2 nights in any town in Iceland is too much. We drove the entire RIng Road and I did not find anyplace that I would want to spend 2 nights.

We also did not have reservations except for our first and last night. I don't think you have problems finding places to stay. September is still a great month in Iceland. The only place we had a problem finding a accomodations was on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula because we were there in July, high season.

What are your interests? We thought the East and South were the most interesting parts.
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM

Hello Sweltwoman,

How did you enjoy your stay in Iceland?

Search this Thread