We are confused between visiting the Nordic countries or Iceland for a 10 day trip in May with 2 children aged 13 and 11. Our requirements are:
1) Do activities like snow mobile, sledding etc.
2) Stay in a igloo for a day. I heard there is a igloo hotel somewhere in one of the Nordic countries.
3) Visit couple of cities in those countries which have architecture, night life, good restaurants etc.
4) See the midnight sun
Which of the two options above is more enjoyable in all respects ? We are total vegetarians also. Is Iceland too sparsely populated which might make it boring to take long drives. But then I am assuming, the Nordic countries are also sparsely populated.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 South of France
- 6 Family vacation
- 7 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 10 which language school in Italy?
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 14 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Dubrovnik
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 19 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 20 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 21 Driving
- 22 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 23 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 24 Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 Budget trip