We just booked our flights for Iceland beginning of February!
First of all we need a car because we want to go round the island. I just don't realize how bad road conditions will be, so is it mandatory to rent a 4wd? Or is it so bad that the uncleared roads can't be taken even with a 4wd?
We already traveled in south iceland last year during september, so we've seen some amazing places already and we would like now to discover more the north part (fjords?). Any recommandation?
Also, as I understood by reading some blogs and infos everything will be closed ? Restaurants? etc. I'm checking for AirBnbs but if there's no supermarket open then it's not worth it.
Any other thing that I'm not thinking about?
Thanks sooooo much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 2 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 3 Visit to France
- 4 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 5 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 Packing Champagne
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 12 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 13 Paris Apartment
- 14 Barcelona to Malaga
- 15 Which Area in London?
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Milan airport--which one
- 18 Trains - website?
- 19 two days in Nice
- 20 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 21 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 25 New fast track