My bf and I will be heading to Iceland for 5 days at the beginning of June. We are planning on staying in Reykjavik, and doing day trips to surrounding areas. Still deciding whether or not we will rent a car. We both want to experience the spas/thermal baths, and although we have heard the Blue Lagoon is great, many seem to prefer the smaller ones that are a little more off the beaten path. Could anyone recommend a smaller one they have been to? Why did you prefer it to the Blue Lagoon?
I would also like to go horseback riding while there. Laxness is close to Reykjavik and I saw someone recommend it on another topic, but wondered if anyone could share their experience or recommend any other riding options?
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 2 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 3 Best Gift For Valentines To a Boyfriend
- 4 Travel chat and reflections
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 7 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 8 Advise Needed
- 9 naturalfitnesspoint.com/hair-bloom/
- 10 South of France
- 11 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 12 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 13 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 14 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 15 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 16 10 days in europe
- 17 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 18 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 land vs river cruise
- 21 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 22 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 23 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 24 Scotland ideas
- 25 Tips for first trip to UK