With the help of folks on this board, we have decided to go to Iceland in early July 2006. Now comes the trip planning questions!
We are trying to decide whether we should drive around the entire Ring Road or drive along the South and then cut through the Interior/Highlands (we'll rent a 4 wheel drive if we decide this option). We intend to camp and stay in hotels along the way.
We are in our early 30s and love to hike. We have a total of 10 days for the trip either around Ring Road or the South/Interior.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 2 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 3 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 8 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 9 Christmas week in Ireland
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 15 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 18 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 19 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 20 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 21 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 22 Moscow Hotels
- 23 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 24 Packing Champagne
- 25 Manchester hotels