Notices

iceland

May 4th, 2001, 03:06 PM
carrie allen

iceland

my family and i are looking into a vactaion to iceland. if you have been there on a vacation or live there we would love some advice on places to go and stay and just suff to do.
thanks
carrie

May 4th, 2001, 04:33 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Carrie, I think you would really enjoy Iceland -- it's unique, very interesting and unintimidating. I've got a quick travel journal on it that you can view at:

http://www.igougo.com/planning/journ...JournalID=1983

Go the the Icelandair site and start your research there. You'll find some good links and a ton of information. Happy Trails!

May 4th, 2001, 06:08 PM
Amy

Hi, Carrie!
I'm doing a reprint of the first few things in a thread called "And now...the 100 best things in Iceland."
If you'd like to read the whole thing, just put Iceland in the search box at the top of the forum and this and other threads will come up for you. If this doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll try topping the whole thing.

Date: 2/23/2001, 8:54 pm ET

Message: Nope, that's not a joke. I could do the hundred all by myself, but I'd love to hear from others.
To begin
1. Hike Thorvald's boulders and waterfalls.
2. Ride Viking ponies through lava fields.
3. Visit the volcano slides shown and explained by the scientist who took them when the island of Surtsey was born.
4. Ride a bus through glacial rivers.
5. Explore Reykjavik's adorable shops and long for a bigger budget.
6. Eat seafood!
7. Wander down in downtown Reykjavik in a 10PM dusk, watching the sunset. (ok, only in summer)
8. Breathe deeply. Ahhh...world's cleanest air!

Icelandair has some great packages available, and GoAhead Vacations also has a decent looking package if you like a little more guidance in your tours.
Happy travels!

Search this Thread