Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I need helping booking a train in France on-line!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there, I'm trying to book train tickets from St.Malo to Paris on-line and am having trouble - I'm in Canada so I know I can't have them sent here in advance but we will be in Jersey for 10days before heading to St.Malo and then on to Paris. Can I book and pay for the tickets on-line in Euros and simply print them? when I pick the option of pick up it suggests and rail europe in London - I was hoping to pay on-line and have them posted to Jersey - is that possible or is it possible to just get the tickets the day of our journey (aug.13/06) - we get the ferry from Jersey at 7:45am and arrive in St. Malo around 10:00am - We hope to get on a train to Paris around noon or 1pm - any help or suggestions are appreciated! cheers, Annie

Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 08:29 AM

There is a direct TGV leaving St-Malo at 12:14 and arriving at Paris Montparnasse at 15:15. You can book online at the French national rail site, www.sncf.com. The regular 2nd class fare is E58, but PREM'S (discount) tickets are available for E43 in 2nd class and E45 in 1st class. However, they're going fast for that date and time so book ASAP. Be sure you do NOT choose cnacellation insurance or you won't be able to print the tickets. To view the site in English, click onthe British flag in the lower left-hand corner.
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 08:38 AM

This is the English version of sncf.
http://www.sncf.com/indexe.htm
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Hi there folks,
thanks for the help - I did manage to get to the english version of the train site and found the fast train from st.malo to paris for myself and 3 girls (11, 14 &16) but the problem is that at the bottom on the confirmation page it asks for the country you want the tickets send to (or picked up at) if I want to simply print my ticket because I can't pick them up in Canada - what should I do - once you pick a country from the list the next screen reguires and address in that country to post the tickets - how can I get around this??? any help is greatly appreciated!
cheers,
Annie
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:00 AM

If you can print the tickets you need to select France as the country. For a complete step by step walk through check my post here:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34803732

Note that only certain fares such as Prems are printable. Otherwise you need to select to pick the tickets up at the train station.
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:03 AM
ira

Hi MC,

I replied in detail to your post at Frommers.

You can get 1cl PREMS for 58E for your date.

Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:38 AM

Oops. In my previous post I forgot to tell you to leave France as the default country. And you only need to give your e-mail address. Don't fill in your postal address.