Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   I need another 10 days... (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/i-need-another-10-days-483492/)

robbiegirl Oct 31st, 2004 11:42 AM

I need another 10 days...

We just returned home this weekend from our ten day trip to Rome, Florence and Venice.
I will post a trip report sometime this week. After all the planning for months and looking forward to the trip, I now feel a bit let down.
There were so many things we were not able to see. The things we did do and see were wonderful.

We all agreed we need to go back to Rome. Only 3 days is not enough. It is a fun city although it is hectic and busy there is so much to do there. We saw a few gypsies and did see two people who could have been potential pick pockets but out of the four of us, no one had anyting taken or even a near attempt other than a credit card eaten by an ATM when the electricity flickered in all of Florence.

The Vatican and St. Peters were amazing. I am not Christian and still felt the same. John Boyden with Context Rome was a great tour guide for the Vatican tour. We saw the pope although it was not planned.

Florence is a shopping mecca. David had us all in awe. He is the highlight of Florence.

Venice is a love. I can see why Elaine feels the way she does.

There are so many things to look forward to on another trip. The world is so vast.
I need to win the lottery. I promise to give 10% to charity first..then the rest for travel!

ecat Oct 31st, 2004 04:07 PM

Welcome home robbiegirl!

Do you need another 10 days in Italy or another 10 days to recoup before writing more? My guess is you want more Italy time...

Looking forward to hearing more of your Italian travels.

robbiegirl Nov 1st, 2004 02:40 AM

I need another 10 days in Italy, ECat. Or perhaps that is like asking for more than 24 hours in a day. There is still so much we have not seen and places we would like to eat.

I wish I could already start planning the next trip. For right now, I will get the pictures together in a scrapbook and have the fondest of memories.

ira Nov 1st, 2004 02:51 AM

Hi robbie,

>...I now feel a bit let down.

It's called 'post partum depression'. The only cure is to do it again. :)

robbiegirl Nov 1st, 2004 02:28 PM

I have to find a "deal".. and plan another trip. I love the way of life there. Very neighborhood and family oriented. Here in our gated community people seem so busy running here and there. No one chats in the streets as they do over there. Maybe I just live in the wrong state in the US.

Statia Nov 2nd, 2004 04:29 AM

Glad you enjoyed your trip, robbiegirl, even if it was too short. I was in only Florence and Venice for ten days and it was not enough, either.

Looking forward to your trip report.

Tallulah Nov 2nd, 2004 04:33 AM

Better to return home and feel that you didn't have enough time than to feel that you had wasted your time, surely!?! :-)

Beatchick Nov 2nd, 2004 04:53 AM

I feel ya, robbiegirl. It helps to write your trip report. Then you can do your photos. Then you can look at everything when you miss Europa. :)