I need accomodation in Madrid, turistic area, for max E60/night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2006, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will spend 4 nights in Madrid at the beginning of October.
We need a clean and quiet place with private bathroom, close to subway station, for max E60.
Can anybody recommend me a good place ? Is an apartment a good idea ?
Thanks in advance
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 08:49 AM

coro,
Check what's available during your dates for 1 Bancotel coupon (50 euros + VAT) at www.bancotel.com and what you can find for 1 Talonotel coupon (60 euros, includes VAT) at
www.talonotel.com

If you can go 3 euros more per night, check the doubles at Hostal Adriano, only a couple of blocks from the Sol metro.
www.hostaladriano.com
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 09:02 AM

Also try www.hotelsearch.com. Put in your dates and also your price range from 55-65 euros to see what pops up- probably the Hotel Asturias, near the Sevilla metro, but used by a lot of budget tour groups. A noisy area, so quiet it may not be.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 12:25 PM

Look at the hostal page on
http://www.madridman.com/ for links to many hostals in that price range. A hostal provides rooms but not the full services of a hotel. While there are large hostals in Madrid many are small (around a dozen rooms). Personally I have stayed at the Hostal Victoria 1 and 2 (there are three) and was quite satisfied and it is close to a subway stop. http://www.hostal-victoria.com/
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:52 AM

This is an excerpt from my recent trip report on Madrid and Málaga:

Plug for Hostal DON JUAN!!!! Individual rooms are 34€ a night. You get a comfortable bed (there are 2 in the room, but double accommodation costs 48&euro, a private bathroom (small, yes, but the water is hot and the shower literally rains on you), TV and AC/heating year round. Plaza Vazques de Mella, 1-2ª/ 28004 Madrid (close to the Gran Vía stop on the metro, and Sevilla). A 5 minute walk to the Puerta del Sol. From the US: 011 34 915 22 31 01. I have yet to find anything in that area for such a good price and the woman at the desk (Raquel) is extremely nice. The owner likes antiques, so the entrance is an eccentrically harmonious mix of Rococco, Baroque, wood and velvet. I loved it there and am definitely going back.

I'm staying there again this coming weekend.