I need a resturant near the Vatigan in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am travelling to Rome on 9th December 04 with my partner and another couple. We are staying near the vatigan and are getting into Rome about 20.30hours. I am looking for a resturant we can walk to. Can anyone recommend one please...how late can you eat in Rome..any other tips...
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:47 PM

Do you mean the Vatican? There are any number of small restaurants in the area; since Romans dine late, you should have no problem finding a place for dinner.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Yes I did, thanks...I would really like to book something in advance just to save time and effort at the end of the day. Can you recommend any where?
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 09:13 AM

If you walk towards the Ottavanio subway stop there are very many hosterias, pizza places, and restaurants. They all seem to be open quite late and none require reservations. I think the name of one that had lots of seafood was something like La Caravelle (or whatever means "ship" in Italian). One of the pizza places had great margherita and napolina pizzas, beer, and vino dela spina (wine on tap!)K
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 09:17 AM

Will you be in your hotel at 20:30 or is that the time your flight arrives at FCO? If the latter, you may have trouble making dinner, even in late-eating Rome. Where is your hotel because "near the Vatican" is a huge area and many hotels on the far western side of the Vatican claim to be "near" it and are not at all convenient to the Vatican or the restaurants usually considered close to it. I've always found Dante Taberna dei Gracchi on Via dei Gracchi to be a reliably good place to eat.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 11:18 AM

We stayed one block from the Vatican at the Allimandi. It seemed nice restaurants were closed when we went out in early evening so check with your hotel and then check with whoever they recommend. there are pubs where you will be able to get very light faire.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

I will be landing at 20.00hours so I hope to be at the hotel by 21.00hours. The hotel is called Alessandrino I've tried to look it up on the map and it seems nearer the edge of Trastevere (if that makes sence?) I've seen a resturant in the rough guide called Casetta de'Trastevere. Its got a site www.casettadetrastevere with a map but I cant really tell if its in walking distance? I really would like a place easy to walk to with good food. My partner and his best friend (also tagging along) both enjoy eating late but I am not sure if the Spanish timable for eating is the same in italy 22.30+ Everyones help is appreciated we are only staying till Sunday (3nights) so every minute counts!
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 06:54 AM

Try mapquest-ing your address and see how close you are to the Vatican.