Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I'm Trying To Book Tickets Right Now for Florence.....Stuck!

Apr 13th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Hi,

We are just starting to book our tickets for Florence online. First up Accedemia 4:15 on May 28th for 2....the buy page asks us to select Discount: Free, Full, Reduced...

Well of course we would love our tickets to be free but...what exactly are we supposed to put?

Also...we want to book tickets for Secret Itineraries and Apartments Trous for Palazzo Vecchio...can we do this online?

Thanks for any help!

Naxos
Apr 13th, 2008, 06:21 PM

The Doge’s Palace aka Palazzo Ducale is located in Piazza San Marco.

Call for booking the Secret Itineraries Tour:
011-39-041-520-9070

You pay when you get the tickets. Bring small bills.
Apr 13th, 2008, 06:29 PM

IMO you should not have any problem getting these locally so why hassle with it in advance - at this that time of year
Apr 13th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

I clicked full price and then put in my visa number...? Then the english site turned back to Italian and I THINK the transaction was cancelled but I'm not sure?

Can anyone translate?

It asked me to choose one of the following...
Invio, Modifica, Annula Operazione

at first I clicked Invio, then it didn't go anywhere so I clicked Annula (end transaction?) then this came up:

Notifica, transazione di pagamento N. 938489399:
La sequenza di operazioni sul browser non è risultata corretta.
La preghiamo di riprovare l/'operazione di pagamento. (Click su /'Continua/')

SHould I try again and re-enter full price? Seems that I do have to pay in advance?

this is the site I'm using:

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/Uffizi/default.aspx

Thanks!
Apr 13th, 2008, 06:35 PM

Once again why go thru all that

you can easily at that time of year IME just turn up or at least arrange the day before

why all the hassle?

if it were easy yeh why not
plus you pay more by reserving

not needed at that time of year IMO
Apr 13th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

I am ok with not booking if we don't have to. Now I am worried about already having given my credit card number however - I wonder if I've just paid and don't have a ticket/reservation...or do I? (I don't think so).

Reading here everyone keeps encouraging reservations. We were going to book for these specific sites:
-Accedemia
-Duomo
-Palazzo Vecchio and Secret Itineraries Tour
-Venice Doge Palace

No? Are there any I should book? We have limited time and thus don't want to spend it in line....We will be in Florence May 28-June 1 and Venice June 2-6 - the 2nd is a public holiday so we figured there may be lots of Italians and other Europeans travelling at this time?

Thanks!
Apr 13th, 2008, 06:44 PM

Well IMO if you could book easily and did not have the angst you say then fine

If you can fine but it's not crucial to easily arranging this at that time on spot IMO
Apr 13th, 2008, 06:57 PM

I wouldn't expect to be able to walk right in when you have May dates. You have full-priced tickets, unless you are youths or students. The lines are very, very long much of the time - even in January.

For the Uffizi and Accademia, I think the best way is to telephone. Ira has posted the instructions many times.
Apr 14th, 2008, 04:08 AM

There were no lines each of the last two Januaries the several times i walked by these places
none
Apr 14th, 2008, 04:16 AM

I'm not saying it's not advisable in May to have advance tickets but it seems OP is having horrendous problems doing so online

i'm suggesting it would be no problem to book advance tickets once there

outside the Uffizi on a recent trip there was a booking machine that did it for instance
Apr 14th, 2008, 05:16 AM

Naxos,

You can ask your hotels in each city to book reservations for you. They do this all the time.
Apr 14th, 2008, 05:53 AM

so he/she can simply e-mail his/her hotel right now and have it all solved it seems
Apr 14th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys,

I think we would be more comfortable with a few reservations all set....we are staying at a B+B
- I will email them and see if they are willing and able to reserve and if not I think I'll try by phone.

Cheers,

Naxos
Apr 14th, 2008, 07:05 AM
ira

Hi NT,

Uffizi and Academia Museum Reservations
The easiest and cheapest way is to call Florence 1010987 (dial around number), 011 (U.S. international access code) 39 (Italy's country code) then 055-294-883 8:30-18:30 M-F and 8:30-12:00 Sat. Florence time. There is a long listing of press 1 for this and 2 for that--press 4 for bookings. You will get an English speaking operator and in 2-3 minutes YOU CAN RESERVE FOR BOTH. This is through the reservation service at the Uffizi and costs beyond the normal entry fee only about 3 euro for the service. This is MUCH cheaper than the commercial booking services.

You will not be charged for the reservations unless you use them.

Have a nice visit.

Apr 15th, 2008, 05:04 AM

Ira,
Thanks for the great tip.
I used the internet site suggested here, clicked the wrong museum and cannot get a reply as to how to correct my error.
Your tip is so easy.
If you have more, let me know
thanks
Apr 15th, 2008, 05:38 AM
ira

You are welcome, B

Enjoy your visit.
Apr 15th, 2008, 05:44 AM

I got confused too lol plus noticed that the prices varied between all the ticket companies! I emailed the hotel we are staying at and they confirmed they would reserve the tickets for us - I have just emailed back with details

From what I gathered (off the top of my head)under 18s and over 65 members of the EU get the free tickets, EU members under 25 get discounted tickets everyone else pays the full price. x x