Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I'm posting again - we want to be close to David and the train station - what hotel should we stay at?

Search

I'm posting again - we want to be close to David and the train station - what hotel should we stay at?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since we only have one night and one day (then off to Venice we go) what would be a good place to stay? We want to see David, shop a little and then head to the train station. If possible we would like a place with quad rooms. Thanks all.
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 06:16 PM
rex

How about http://www.venere.com/it/firenze/casci-- they definitely show quad rooms available, and generally meet your lcoations criteria, though I think dozens of other Florence hotels do, too.

It would help if you wpould give a price target, and a month. Hard to help you without that information.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

We will be there in July and we would like to keep it around 200 Euros.
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Okay - I've found a map but I'm unable to find an area that is convenient to David and the train station (I'm map challenged). What area would you suggest?
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 07:48 PM

Date: 02/28/2004, 11:44 pm

Message: We stayed in the Hotel Casci--in a quad room-- and found it very satisfactory. It is less than half a mile from the train station, but we took a taxi because we had luggage.

I wouldn't worry too much about a convenient hotel location. Florence is very compact; you can walk just about everywhere.
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 07:48 PM

The area around San Lorenzo would be about midway between the two locations.
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 07:50 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Are you trying to find a hotel that is on the way from the museum to the train station? Use venere.com - select Florence and your dates and search. After the hotel page appears scroll down to the bottom and there will be a map of the central/historic area. You can click on each section and look at hotels in that particular section. The train station will be in the S. Maria Novella section and the David in the SS Annuziata.

Ira gives good reviews to a b&b not far from the train station with AC for 62 euro for a double. You may want to check it out. bedinflorence.it
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 05:02 AM
ira

Hi tt,

You can't be close to both the train stationand the Academia.

The B&B Peterson (www.bedinflorence.it) is about 1/2 km from the train station. If you stay there, you can drop off your luggage at the train station, go see David and come back to the train station.