I'm off for more Limoncello...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2006, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't posted much recently due to flood cleanup/repair after the huge flood in Upstate NY in June, starting a new job in July, packing/moving after finding another place to live (the house I was buying was pretty much destroyed by the flood as well, so I had to start over with searching). I still have tons of unpacking to do, but I HAVE made time to book another trip to Rome over Christmas. You have to keep your priorities straight, right?

I don't get any vacation 'til next July, but we do get the week off between Christmas & New Year's, so had to take advantage of that. I can't wait!
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 08:25 AM

Hi Susan,

Sound like life is moving right along in a very positive way for you! Sorry to hear about the extra grief due to flooding. What a mess!

You are turning into quite the Roma traveler, you lucky person. Have a gellato for me and have a lovely Christmas. What a fun time to be there.

Buon viaggio!
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Dayle, yes, it's amazing how much can be ruined by over 3' of water! Actually, many had it much worse. Christmas in Rome will definitely help me forget about it!
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 10:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hopefully this will make up for the diaster in your life. Have an great grappa for me.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 12:04 PM

What a perfect way to celebrate the holidays! I remember well your last Italian trip...looking forward to hearing about your plans.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 12:10 PM

Susan,
I admire your resilience!! Have a Limoncello for me...love that stuff!! But only when bought in Italy...why does the US stuff taste like chemicals???
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 12:13 PM

Hi Susan, have a Limonello for me while you are in beautiful Rome!
And most of all have a fantastic time.
Your spirit and love of life is such a great example to all us! Eat, drink and be merry.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

I will be happy to have a Limoncello for everyone!

swissgirl, to get the good stuff, you need to check the ingredients. Some have extra additives. You just want alcohol, sugar and lemon.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 03:00 PM

I found a good bottle of Limoncello at Trader Joe's, if you have one by you. Tasty stuff!! Of course, I would much rather drink one in Rome than here at home so I just have to pretend.
My DD is going for 2 weeks w/ her high school choir to Italy and Greece in June "07 and I am so jealous. Maybe she'll drink one for me and bring some back
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 05:13 PM

Susan, when I saw the post title I knew it was you I am so excited for you to return to Roma! After my recent trip I returned with a love for limoncello myself, such good stuff... I was told by Carmella from Villa La Tartana in Positano, where I stayed, that Giardino di Ravello is one of the best but I couldn't find it when I was there. Maybe you can keep your eyes open for that one.
Keep us posted on your travel plans.
Jen
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Hi Jen, I will definitely look for that one! I always have to bring a bottle back, as it's much more expensive here. I will have an apartment right by Piazza Navona, so it's a great location. Too bad you won't be in Rome at that time, it would be fun to meet again for dinner.