I know this may be a matter only of personal preference, but I would like your input.
We are a 60ish couple, reasonably well-traveled, but not globe trotters by any means. We have been to Italy, France, Turkey, but never to the United Kingdom at all. Next spring (late April/early May) we are taking a two week "Best of Britain" tour with Rick Steves (we've done tours with them before and enjoyed them; DH refuses to rent a car and drive on the "wrong" side of the road for two weeks, so this is the only way to see England). The tour starts in Bath, goes into Wales, up to York, and ends up with about a day and a half in London. We plan to arrive a couple of days early to acclimate before the tour begins, and to see a bit more of London on our own.
Here's the question -- DH would like to go to Paris for about four days after the Britain tour (for about a total of three weeks of vacation time). We've been to Paris twice (but not for about 10 years now); DH wants to take the Chunnel, and we both love Paris. But, would we be wiser to just spend extra days in London, so we can grow to love it, too? With the Paris scenario we'd be in London about three days (on our own before the tour and then the tour's end) and the four days in Paris (minus the travel times). And, if we did spend extra days in London, should it be on the leading edge (third week of April) or at the end (second week of May) -- or is that even a consideration?
Costs of open jaw vs. RT flights and like that are not of concern.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 2 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 3 Paris November 2017
- 4 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 beware of robbed in Milan
- 15 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 16 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 17 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Which Area in London?
- 21 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 22 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 23 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 24 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 25 Headed to Madrid in the Spring