I left my heart in...

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 02:19 PM
renee

I left my heart in...

Call me a hopeless romantic--I want to hear stories of love that flourished as a result of vacation, travel, etc.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 02:54 PM
cdf

1970-I was living in Las Vegas&LA,working with some entertainers in Vegas,met a young man from NY who invited me on a trip to Greece..I accepted.Traveled to NY,while there I wanted to get a haircut,met the haircutter,fell in love,3 months later married him,one year later had a baby boy, we just celebrated our 31st anniversary.Each anniversary we go to Europe-but that trip to NY was the best trip I ever took~

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 02:49 AM
kate

Cuba August 2000.

I was sharing a flat (London) with a friend as we'd both just come out of long term relationships. We'd become really close (just good friends) while living together for about a year and had taken a couple of holidays together (prague, Italy) as we were both single.

We decided on a 3 week relaxing holiday in Cuba and had the time of our lives - such warm people, weather, music, culture - fell in love with the place. We were both on the look out for a holiday romance but weren't too impressed with the local talent.

We spent an evening discussing our perfect partner before it occurred that we were staring them in the face.

We've been inseparable ever since.

So I'll never forget Cuba - a magical place where I realised I'd met the love of my life.

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 10:42 AM
renee

Alright...I love these stories...I know there have to be many more. Anyone else want to share?

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 10:51 AM
carol

Renee-love the name

Miami Beach Florida, 1968 - Castaways hotel. We were on our honeymoon rained 9 out of the 10 days we were there. I was very nieve at that time and did not know how to take THE PILL. PS-nine months 6 days later, our daughter Renee was born. We tried to get a name closest to rain so RainnA

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 12:27 PM
Dottie

My husband and I did not meet on vacation but we travel back to the 50's often. I was 14yrs, he was 16yrs and it was a great party! We celebrated our 41st Anniversary Nov. 22, Thanksgiving Day and we thanked God for our blessings of love, friendship and family.