I know this is the Europe board, but....

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 04:42 AM
Kavey

I know this is the Europe board, but....

Hi Friends <BR> <BR>I know this is the Europe board and I am about to ask a USA question, but over the time I have been reading an posting here I have come to value the opinion of many of you American europhiles... <BR> <BR>I am visiting San Francisco for 1 week at the end of July. My sister is going travelling for a year very shortly, and after a few months in South America she will hit the "good ole" Us of A. This is where my husband and I can meet her part way through her year away before she heads out to Australasia. (All 3 of us have been to SF before and we want to split our time between SF city and the wine country). <BR> <BR>I am going to be posting several questions on the USA board over the coming weeks after trawling through some searches of older posts but wanted to make sure I got your advice too, incase some of you dont read/ post there. <BR> <BR>So, if any of you live in the SF area, or know it well and would be willing to answer questions over email, please would you drop me an email at the address above. <BR> <BR>Many thanks and sorry to interrupt the European flow... <BR> <BR>Kavey <BR>

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 05:11 AM
s.fowler

Kavey -- I just emailed you. We spent the wekk before Christmas in that area. I did the start of a web journal at:http://www.gypsyjournal.com/Journal.asp?JournalID=212 <BR> <BR>Feel free to ask me any questions. It's my favorite American city, followed closely by Santa Fe and Washington, DC]

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 08:09 AM
Art

Hi Kavey, I have lived in LA for a number of years, but did live in the SF area for 3 years. Don't know the city intemently but would be glad to help whereever I can. If you all have a chance to pass through the LA area, I would love to meet you and have coffee or whatever. I work about 20 min from the LA Airport so could even meet up with you there. Have a great trip. <BR>Arthur <BR>

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 08:30 AM
Shannon

I am a native of the bay area. Have lived in the east bay (just 20 min. from the City) and currently reside on the peninsula just south of the City and north of San Jose. Would be happy to help where I can.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 08:30 AM
Kavey

S fowler, I havent had a chance to check my talk21 account but thanks very much for emailing and posting, will try and get my thoughts in order to quiz you soon. <BR> <BR>Art I would love to meet up with yourself and any fodorites in the area, but we will be flying directly into SF and back to London. We only have 1 week so we want to get a direct flight and spend as much time at our destination as possible. <BR> <BR>But the dates we will be in SF are 21 to 28 July so if you happen to be up that way or anyone else is please let me know. <BR> <BR>Likewise if any of you come to London I would LOVE to meet up with you for coffee, dinner or for lunch, anything in the day time would have to be near where I work... in camden. <BR> <BR>The only thing now is that direct flights to SF are so expensive, about £560 UK minimum... <BR> <BR>Ho Hum...

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Art

Hi Kavey, It so happens that I will be traveling to England with one or both of my sons next year (Sept 2002). Maybe we can hook up then and you can fill me in with your expert advice while we are there. In the meantime, have a great trip to SF. <BR>Arthur <BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Kavey

Firstly thank you to all of you who emailed me directly or posted here. <BR> <BR>I have now posted my first query on the US board and emailed those of you who have offered advice directly... <BR> <BR>Art, I havent a lot of expert advice about London, and I am sure many tourist visitors have seen much more than I have but I can always recommend a couple of favourite restaurants or meet for coffee and chatter away... <BR> <BR>Even if it just about Chocolate Digestive biscuits (cookies)!! <BR> <BR>Kavey