Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I know that this might be asking too much, Paris!!!

Dec 5th, 2000, 03:23 PM
jan

Last year 2 friends and I spent 10 days in Paris in January. It was the first time for two of us and we took turns picking out sights, restaurants, museums, shopping areas, etc. The 2 restaurants that I picked last year turned out to be the favorites. Now I'm up against the wall for the trip this year. We like to do a really great place as well as a few very "typically" Paris spots, and a couple of just really fun spots. I would appreciate any help! I know that it hard to get down to your favorites but I really would like to know. Thanks for your help. jwg

Dec 6th, 2000, 03:35 AM
jean

We had lunch at Jules Vern at the Eiffel Tower last year. It was beautiful and the food was terrific. We made reservations long in advance, but I don't think Jan. will be as crowded. Have a great time.

Dec 6th, 2000, 06:01 AM
elvira

Creperie des Arts , 27, rue St Andre des Arts 6eme Interesting crepes and decor

Savoir Aimer, 257, rue Faubourg St Antoine Off the beaten tourist path; small neighborhood restaurant

Les Amognes, 243, rue Faubourg St Antoine up and coming chef, popular with Parisians upscale prices yah gotta have reservations 01 43 72 73 05

Dec 6th, 2000, 09:24 AM
John

La Duree, on the Champs-Elysee, about two or three blocks up (and across the street) from the Virgin Megastore, toward the Arc de Triomphe. Great brunch place with a lot of Parisians...also great pastries!

Dec 6th, 2000, 12:04 PM
jan

Jean, Elvira, & John,
Thanks so much for your input. I have learned to rely on this board for the most up to date as well as reliable information. jwg

Dec 6th, 2000, 02:08 PM
deena

Androuet--cheese restaurant near the Arc de Triomphe and Brasserie Balzar on the Rue des Ecoles near the Sorbonne. This is filled with local people. Be ;sure to go to the Luxembourg Gardens on Sunday to see the children playing, Place des Voges, and the Memorial to the Jewish Deported behind Notre Dame. It is very haunting. Don't forget Berthillon for ice cream and Angelina on the Rue de Rivoli for hot chocolate.

Dec 9th, 2000, 06:07 PM
Kathryn

Les Bookinistes, 53 quai des Grands Augustins--in the 6th arr. was our favorite--one book said it was too trendy to still have good food, but our lamb was scrumptious and the desserts to die for!

Dec 10th, 2000, 12:05 PM
anne

I've gotten loads of wonderful ideas from the bparis.com website and discussion boards.