I know someone on this forum can help me name this restaurant in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This restaurant is across from pont alma, it is on the corner and has a great view of eiffel tower. I will know the name if you even give me a few restaurants in that immediate area.
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 04:04 PM

Tour D'Argent?
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 04:06 PM

Brasserie Chez Francis, 7 Place d'Alma tel: 01 47 23 39 53

I am pretty sure this is the one you are looking for. My sisters and I stopped there one evening for drinks and then dinner. Food was not bad at all and they loved the view

Regards Ger
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Tour d'Argent is nowhere near Pont Alma, nor does it have a view of the Eiffel Tower. It does have a spectacular view of Notre Dame, however.

I suspect Ger got it right.
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 04:12 PM

Check out the photo on:

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/ciweb2g-pa...PagesJaunes.do

If the link does not work, go to www.pagesjaunes.fr and plug in the name of the restaurant and Paris (city). You should be able to recognize the frontage.
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

I knew you guys would come through!!! Thank Thank you O'Reilly! It is an awesome view of the Eiffel Tower. My thirteenth trip to France in March, and I still love to sit at that brasserie and admire the Eiffel tower. Thank you, pj

PS I have to admit I know I should know the name by now, we actually ate there a few of the trips.
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM

You are welcome pjsparlor.

The reason I remember it is that it is a treasured memory for me also.

I met up in Paris for a long weekend with two older and one younger sister, two teenage nephews and a niece and a friend of one of the nephews.

I was force-marching the group around Paris one evening and we were half way through MY itinerary when my sisters disappeared! They parked themselves at one of the tables at the Brasserie Chez Francis and refused to move – they had had enough walking and demanded wine!

We sat there for three hours drinking wine and my sisters struck up a friendship with two lovely Armenian ladies in their 70s. My older sisters don’t speak much French and the ladies did not speak much English, but with the help of myself, my younger sister and my teenage nephews and niece playing translator when necessary, my older sisters had a wonderful 2-hour conversation with these ladies about Armenian religion and history. My sisters are a shining example of why you don’t have to speak the language to communicate with the locals as long as you speak from the heart. I enjoyed 2 hours conversing with my younger sister, nephews and niece.

We then retired into the restaurant at 10pm and had a very nice meal, far better than I would have expected for a restaurant with such a wonderful view of the Eiffel tower. I really thought the food would be ordinary, but I was proven wrong. It was a delicious meal and the service was excellent.

I’ll always look back on Brasserie Chez Francis as a magical place

Regards Ger
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 09:55 PM
DAX

I thought of Chez Francis as soon as I read your first posting. Strange how that restaurant stays in people's memory. It wasn't like there was anything special about it.
It was just a restaurant that we stumbled upon in the early nineties as our toddler got hungry,but by pure chance, we were asked to go there again in 1999 to meet our friends
simply because it's an easy to find meeting point with a good enough food, interior & view. Lately we've moved our meeting point to nearby L'Avenue which has better food and much more interesting people watching, not to mention fantastic looking waitresses.
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 09:59 PM

My mother and sister are coming to visit in May from the US (I live in Suisse) and I will take them there! Thanks for the tip!