Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I just found the same airline ticket I bought from Airfrance for $50 cheaper than what I paid for.

Search

I just found the same airline ticket I bought from Airfrance for $50 cheaper than what I paid for.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 06:46 AM
maryann

I am a planner and I like to book my stuff ahead, but now I just found out that I could have saved $100 ($50 each), if I would have waited a few weeks for our November trip. I booked it about a month ago.<BR>Next year, I guess I will just wait a month prior to going on our trip to book the airfare.<BR>arrggg, i am so irritated now!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Alia

Call Airfrance (if that's who you bought them from in the 1st place) you never know, they may credit you the difference.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:18 AM
maryann

i just called airfrance to see if they would honor their new rate and they said they would but they would charge me $150 to reissue them, which the $150 is the savings between the two rates!!!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:38 AM
xxxxxxx

sucks to be you

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Spoiled

Wow ! You lost $ 100 ! Out of a European trip of x days @ $ xxx each. No wonder you are irritated AND bother to post on this forum to let all this justified anger off ! Puurrlease, get a calculator and into the broader picture, do your maths and your percentages, book yourself a yoga course and take a deep breath.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Jen

That's OK Maryann. I bought a ticket to Peru two weeks ago that now costs $100 more, so between the two of us, its a wash!<BR><BR>

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:20 AM
bill

Airlines don't work like electronics stores. They don't offer a thirty day price guarantee. <BR><BR>Bargain airlines rates to Europe are cheaper now than they were twenty years ago but that's because they make you take a chance. There are other people that will have paid hundreds more than you. I have read than on any given flight, there are at least 100 different rates for the seats on that flight. In it very unlikely that the person sitting next to you paid the same price you paid. <BR><BR>It occurs to me that getting a good deal on you airline is similar to getting a good mortgage rate. You never know when it will go up or down, but once you've jumped, you're stuck with it. <BR><BR>Just relax and have a good time on your trip.<BR><BR>Bill

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Alia

Bill-<BR>I read a testimonial on this site recently that an airline did do this for a fodors poster. So, apparently, it does happen.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Windy

Maryann,<BR><BR>This happened to me earlier this year. I called Air France and they will give you a price adjustment for a $50 service fee per ticket. Not a option for you in this case, I guess, but something to keep in mind for later trips.<BR>

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 11:53 AM
x

I used to stress about stuff like that too, but I've learned that you win some and you lose some. Now I don't bother checking airline prices or look for hotels after I've made my reservations. Heck, if I so much as get an email from Orbitz or USair screaming about special fares, it goes in the computer's trash can without even opening!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 12:13 PM
bill

But usually for a fee which will frequently negate the savings.<BR><BR>Bill