Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

"I Hve been to ...,wtat next?" Do you really??? A little questionaire:Why do you travel to Europe?

Search

"I Hve been to ...,wtat next?" Do you really??? A little questionaire:Why do you travel to Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Just Curious

There are many question such as "I have been to U.K.,France,Italy,what next?" around; but,it could be just London,Bath,Paris,Provence, Rome, Florence and Venice.<BR><BR>Do you consider that visiting one or two places enough to represent the whole country?<BR><BR>Do you collect countries as stamps on passport for conversation topic in party?<BR><BR>How important is"Must see"list to you? Do you really care?<BR><BR>Who important is the best hotel/best meal to you? Are you willing to go to little local hunt for its colour?<BR><BR>Have you ever tried the real "off the beaten path"-not listing on tour guide?<BR><BR>Is the place/country a live museum to you? Or are you really more interested at the current culture and people?<BR><BR>Have you ever picked up a local newspaper(not tourist quide),even in your own language?<BR><BR>Why do you travel to Europe? Let's hear it.<BR>

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Mike

I like the food & beer the best!!!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 01:22 PM
flygirl

although my passport does not have one clean page, I have to say I've never taken it to a party as a conversation piece. seems a bit naff to me.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 02:17 PM
traveller

Just because I've been to Washington DC doesn't mean I know America - and the same is true to Paris, France, Berlin, Germany etc. Europe offers the whole travel experience is a fairly small and easy to get around area. It's safe, fairly familiar and so diverse it's got something to suit every traveller.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 03:26 PM
Paula

I'm an artist and writer and art lover, so I love visiting Europe and NYC.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Annie

Being born Canadian you are taught that it's the best country in the world to live, but in reality we live in a restricted society..I can't sunbath topless, you can't smoke anywhere, I'm prohibited from wearing perfume or having a cough drop at my place of employment because someone has an allergy!! Canadians don't eat healthy,we are slaves to fast food.. our families don't spend quality time together..I could go on...I go to Spain to enjoy life!! Life in North America is a rat race!! Thats my say.....

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 11:08 PM
american

Surely you are wrong! Isn't USA the best country in the world to live. Yes , you must be wrong.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 11:26 PM
Holly

Annie: You can't wear perfume or eat a coughdrop??? Move to America. It's still a little bit better than that here, at least at this writing.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 05:09 AM
jorge

the only reason I went too Europe was becouse I tend too go too third world contries and I was getting fed up with my perents telling me.. "Why don't you go too Europe it's so nice and safe".. mind you they are Colombian.. Now that I've done most of Europe.. know they tell me "why don't you go too the caribian instead of those places you go too. <BR>jeez whats so wrong with going too Beirut.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Greg

Food, beer, people, the adventure of trying to get around a place where you only know a few phrases, the history, the people, I can afford it right now. When ever I go I try to read some sort of history of the place. I got a big kick going to Westerplatte in Gdansk last year, sitting there thinking this is WWII started.....

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Uncle Sam

When the Beefeater at the Tower said, "It all started in 1066..." I was hooked!<BR><BR>As a student of medieval hsitory, a hobby of mine, I love to visit the sights that I have studied.<BR><BR>Those aren't located here in Texas so I travel to Europe. The food, the wines, the beers, the people and the scenery are just bonuses!<BR><BR>US<BR><BR>And is is the one lasy place where my wife can feel reasonably comfortable that I won't call work every other hour!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:52 AM
janda

I am glad I traveled in other parts of France than only Paris or I would not have liked France at all. The people in the south of France were warm and friendly like those in our beloved Italy.