Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   I have one night to eat in Paris, what's your favorite restaurant? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/i-have-one-night-to-eat-in-paris-whats-your-favorite-restaurant-112037/)

Molly Mar 13th, 2001 01:30 PM

I have one night to eat in Paris, what's your favorite restaurant?

Hi, <BR>It's me again, plotting out my Paris trip. I've posted a few qs on this site and I'm always thrilled with the generous, helpful advice. So foodies, what is the best restaurant in Paris (willing to pay around $100 or a bit more total for two of us). I'd love something very French and cozy.

Jim Mar 13th, 2001 02:41 PM

To the top!

Robbie Mar 13th, 2001 03:30 PM

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Fermette la Marbouf(spelling is probably off a bit). It is around your price range and the food was good. Request a table in the jardin d' hiver-a small dining room lined with very old stained glass. <BR>Menu is varied, so you should be able to find something you like. <BR> I think it's in the 8th arr., near Pont Alma.

robbie Mar 13th, 2001 03:32 PM

Oops! I made a mistake on the name--it's La Fermette de Marbouf.

StCirq Mar 13th, 2001 03:33 PM

I honestly don't have a favorite restaurant in Paris - I like to try different ones each time I'm there - but one that would fit your budget and that I think is "special" for its ambiance, food, and setting is the Ghuirlande de Julie on the Place des Vosges.

elaine Mar 14th, 2001 03:01 AM

My old favorite restaurant is Chez Julien, in the 4th, corner of 1 rue Pont Louis Philippe and 62 rue de l'Hotel de Ville. Telephone 42-78-31-64. Closed Sundays. It's within your price range,you can spend less if you order the fixed-price menu. It is simple but <BR>very pretty, with very good food. Not very dressy, but not jeans. The restaurant had a short appearance in the film "The Accidental Tourist" when William Hurt was briefly shown dining there. <BR>

Molly Mar 14th, 2001 06:27 AM

these all sound great! i'm hungry already. thanks again. <BR>molly

rachel Mar 14th, 2001 07:50 AM

Two of our favorite restaurants in Paris - one is a must for lunch - Le relais de Entrecote - I think it is at 15 rue Marbeuf. It only serves Entrecote and fries - the best ever - there is always a line, but it's worth the wait. The second, a very intimate and friendly place is Bastide de Odeon - wonderful food and atmosphere. Bon Appetite

Lori Mar 14th, 2001 10:41 AM

While I agree with StCirq that you should always try new restaurants when in Paris, there are two that keep me coming back. Brasserie Bofinger in the 4th right off Place de la Bastille-they have some of the best restaurant prices on Champagne I have ever seen, the food is quite good, and the area under the dome is gorgeous. Also, La Trufferie in the 5th. Lovely restaurant in a nondescript area off of the Rue Mueffetard(sp), excellent food and impecable service.

DontWantToBeInsulted Mar 19th, 2001 07:14 PM

Fred Melnick, who runs the site anamericaninparis.com recommends Cote Seine as his favorite restaurant in Paris in the moderate range. <BR> <BR>I have eaten there and it is a good moderate price restaurant right along the Seine on the Left Bank. Look at Fred's website for the address. <BR> <BR>One of my personal favorite areas of Paris is just off the Boulevard St. Michel. You take a left on one of the side streets and--boom--you are in the middle of tons of inexpensive Tunisian restaurants with food hanging in the windows. Look around and pick one that looks interesting. Fun!