My 7y/o son (very adaptable traveler) and I are arriving early Monday morning (June) in Paris from the US. My husband will be arriving a few hours later. 16 days later we leave from Rome to India.
Here is my rough itinerary. It seems to leave one day too many in Rome, and I'm wondering if I should spend that "extra" day in one of the other cities I'm visiting, or spend on a side trip off these same cities, or do another stop. Keep in mind that my son and I will be spending an extra 3 days in Paris in route from India back to the US later on in our trip.
Monday, arrive early morning in Paris (2.5 days)
Thursday morning take a flight to Vienna (2.5 days)
Sunday morning take a train to Salzburg (1.5+days)
Monday night take a night train to Venice (2 days)
Thursday Morning take a train to Florence (2 days)
Saturday take a train to Rome (3.5 days)
Wednesday take a flight to India
Later on the trip in the way back to the US son and I will spend 3 full days in Paris.
So what do you think?
Thank you for your advice in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Austria
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 4 Le Marche Research Help
- 5 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 6 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 7 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 8 Greece in end October
- 9 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 16 Favorite London memories
- 17 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 21 Norte Dame light show!
- 22 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 23 Avignon
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 8 months around Europe
I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?