Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I have a job interview next week in London! woohooo!!

Oct 29th, 2001, 01:26 PM
beth anderson

Hi all,

just thought I would share the great news. I had my phone interview today - it went very well and I will be meeting the director and HR recruiter in person next week. I just bought my plane tickets, I leave next Monday night and will be in London for 10 days. I am arranging other meetings with my other contacts, too.

Kavey, I sure hope we can meet up for lunch! anyone else over in London right now?

gosh I am so excited. pinch me!!

Beth

Oct 29th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Laura

Good luck, Beth. I hope you get what you want. And tell Kavey Hi for me.

Book Chick

Woo Hoo, Beth! Way to go!!!!
Good Luck,
BC

mimi taylor

CONGRATULATIONS!!!Best of luck, we are all happy for you. Keep in touch and Hi to Kavey and our other London posters.

mimi

Oct 29th, 2001, 01:32 PM
cdf

GOOD LUCK, THAT IS WONDERFUL~~~
Consider yourself pinched! Hope it all happens easily and you will soon be writing to us from your new flat in London~

Oct 29th, 2001, 02:01 PM
Monica

Wow! I hope it works out for you Beth! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Keep us informed. Have a good time in London. I'm off to Italy on Thursday!!!

Oct 29th, 2001, 02:45 PM
Thyra

I am going to send you major positive energy Beth.... GOOD LUCK!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Oct 29th, 2001, 03:26 PM
Sherry

Great, Great, Great Beth!! Will keep my fingers crossed.

Oct 29th, 2001, 04:39 PM
John H

Congratulations, Beth. We are all pulling for you! Do give my best to kavey (whom I so enjoyed meeting at the SF Fodors gathering earlier this year).

Good luck!

John H.

Oct 29th, 2001, 05:44 PM
s.fowler

You go giiirrrrrrrrrl... congrats indeed

Oct 29th, 2001, 06:20 PM
robin-k

Excellent !!! It's a delight to hear you're getting closer to your goal. Good luck.

Oct 30th, 2001, 01:02 AM
xxx

Brilliant Beth. Good Luck

Oct 30th, 2001, 02:03 AM
BoomerBabe

Best wishes and best of luck!
What a wonderful adventure. You may soon be living my dream. Be sure to keep us posted.
And Sandy says 'Hey' to Kavey!

Oct 30th, 2001, 02:36 AM
robdaddy

Beth--Fantastic! You're on a positive roll, and I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have additional interviews lined up before you leave. I have been following your saga for several weeks now, and I'll bet I'm not the only constant reader and occasional contributor who is cheering you on. A wee bit of advice: apparently you have excellent experience and education, so please don't feel you have to take the first thing offered you unless you really feel good about it...somebody, somewhere is foaming at the mouth for a candidate just like you! Just know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Have a successful trip, and let us know the minute you know. (I wonder if our English cousins have an expression equivalent to "woohoo!")

Oct 30th, 2001, 03:04 AM
Kavey

Hey Beth!
Muchos Congrats!
Would LOVE to meet in London. Drop me an email, and we can fix a date...
Hugs to you and to those who said Hi, above.

Kavey

Oct 30th, 2001, 03:35 AM
Paige

Cool!! Good luck!!

Oct 30th, 2001, 04:15 AM
Judy

I "wannabe" Beth! It is a no brainer!
Judy

Oct 30th, 2001, 04:17 AM
Renee

Good luck to you, Beth. I will say a special prayer that you receive the job that you desire and will meet your every need. Hard work truly pays off!

Oct 30th, 2001, 04:40 AM
beth anderson

Hi everybody, thank you so much. I have so much positive energy flowing from everyone, I know I am gonna get a job soon. I'll send postcards if I have your addresses - my email is a real address.

Can't believe how much my life has been on spin cycle in just one week. In the ten days since I left I have been to Charlotte NC, Dewey Beach DE, here, home to PA tomorrow for 5 days then off to London.

thank you all for listening to me prattle on about my little life - your support is tremendous and I don't feel as if I am making this jump alone!

more later as the saga unfolds...

Beth

Oct 30th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Sheila

Congratulations Beth. I have only been to London once but I absolutely loved it. Good luck in finding the job of your dreams.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO