Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I finally have an itinerary. how does it look to you?

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Singapore

5 days in Paris<BR>4 days in Rome (day trip to Amalfi coast)<BR>3 days in Venice<BR>3 days in Edinburgh<BR>5 days in London<BR><BR>As for transportationBR>Paris to Rome by plane<BR>Rome to Venice by train<BR>Venice to Edinburgh by plane<BR>Edinburgh to london by night train <BR><BR>what do you think?

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 01:04 PM
janis

I usually hate this type of trip (3 countries in 3 weeks) - BUT it actually looks pretty good.<BR><BR>The only thing I might suggest is cutting Venice by one day and adding it to either Edinburgh (so you could do a day trip somewhere in Scotland) or London.<BR><BR>But that is really nit-picking. Your itinerary looks doable.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Ira

Hi<BR>How will you get from Rome to the Amalfi coast?<BR>It's about 3 1/2 hrs by train.<BR><BR>see www.trenitalia.com

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Patrick

I'm not sure what you mean by "day trip to the Amalfi coast". Is that a way to spend a day sitting on a train or bus looking at scenery? The Amalfi coast is a lot of places and things, which one thing are you going to pick out? You obviously can't do Capri, and Ravello, Amalfi, or Positano seem pretty hard to include in the day trip. Are you just planning to go to Sorrento, walk around a couple of hours and head back to Rome. Sorry, but it just seems like such a waste of time to me, as much as I like the area.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 09:56 AM
donna

IMO: I'd do either Amalfi Coast or Edinburg for 3-4 days, save the other for next time. But I just hate to be rushed thru an area. Have a great trip whatever you decide.