Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I discovered an incredible deal for accomodations in Venice!

Old Oct 6th, 2001, 01:30 PM
Cassie

I stayed the first few nights at Hotel Flora in Venice and thought that it was nice. Then I stayed, at a friend's suggestion, at Casa Martini near the Guglie bridge. Wow! The rooms are recently remodeled in Venetian style with wonderfully exquisite fabrics on the walls and beds. The bathroom was spectacular. Brand new white tile, shower, hair dryer, complimentary soaps, shampoo,toothpaste, etc, fan in bathroom. All of this for 200,000 Lira! The room had airconditioning, a pleasant view of a flowery courtyard and breakfast in the morning. The owners were delightful. They recommended wonderful, inexpensive restaurants and helped me figure out the best way to get to the airport without having to take a water taxi. I was so mad at myself that I paid double at Hotel Flora for the beginning of my trip and I got so much more of a room at this place. Don't get me wrong, the Hotel Flora was nice enough, but Casa Martini was way better. And no, I'm not a travel agent. I just thought that some of you might appreciate a wonderfully economical alternative to the outrageously high prices of Venice! Next time I go to Venice I'll only stay here. Casa Martini, 30121 Venezia Cannaregio tel 041 717512, fax 041 2758329, email [email protected], www.casamartini.it. This info was off of the card I picked up. Plus, they take credit cards. Hope this info helps someone out.

Old Oct 6th, 2001, 01:37 PM
JOdy

Thanks cassie,
I've bookmarked this for next year!

Old Oct 8th, 2001, 04:08 PM
Topper

I looked up the website and the hotel seems to be very nice. Does anyone have additonal imput? Probably will book with them unless someone can tell me why not.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Joe

Nice website-looks nice. The only negative I can see is that it might be too close to the rail station. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 08:50 AM
diane

Location looks good to me...I'll keep this in my Italy note book for future stay possibilities! Joe -- it's not too close to the train station. You can walk lots and take one either Vaporetto 52 of 1 to get home. Big plus in my book.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Diane

make that 52 OR 1...

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 09:08 AM
Cassie

Before arriving at this place, I was also a little concerned about its proximity to the train station. It wasn't a problem at all. Our room was #5 and it was eerily quiet at night--which was wonderful! Casa Martini is about a 10-15 minute walk from the train station or you could also take public transportation.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 09:17 AM
jim

I've never stayed that this particular hotel, but I have stayed near the train station and could see no drawbacks to the location.