Reload this Page >

stylish travel clothes

Search

stylish travel clothes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Keri

stylish travel clothes

Planning a trip to Italy in September and I'm looking for some nice wrinkle-free or wrinkle-resistant clothes. Chico's seems to have a few good options, but I'm not into the elastic-waisted pants and skirts. Looking for something a bit more stylish. And better yet, long lengths, as I'm 6 feet tall. Any suggestions?

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 02:49 PM
tommy

Keri: I say we refuse to answer anymore fashion questions. Who cares what you wear. Get a life.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Maxie

Okay, I'll pitch in. Go to Lands End catalog or web site. I don't care much for their tops, but for basic pants and skirts you have lots of options. They'll hem for taller women. Get black and tan pants, capris or skirts. Then go to your favorite clothing store and splurge on tops that are fashionable. If you have a Nordstroms near you, Glima print tops are comfortable and fun too. And other posters, if fashion questions irritate you, just skip them.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 01:44 AM
xxx

Maxie, you are a helpful, kind person to have respectfully answered Keri's legitimate clothing/ travel question. <BR><BR>Having been recently blasted out of here for a clothing question which was important to me, it is refreshing to read a response which addresses the question and doesn't attack the person. <BR><BR>Our responses here are reflective of the world situation. We are sometimes mean and nasty and we don't care who we hurt - old, young, innocent and not so innocent, people we think we know and people we know nothing about. Kindness has to start somewhere and this is a good place to reach out to a worldwide audience. <BR><BR>And I'm with you - just skip over the question if you don't like it. It is important to someone even if you think it is the "dumbest question ever asked".<BR><BR>

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 02:32 AM
Li Hau

How about a pareau? Very versatile and wrinkle resistant too!!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:51 AM
miranda

Keri,<BR>You mention Chico's...have you tried anything on? I'm tall too, and I absolutely love most of their stuff. The "travel" line, or whatever they call it, is truly amazing. You can roll it up in tiny balls and stuff 'em in a pocket--take them out and they're ready to wear.<BR><BR>Tommy, you're a useless moron, and I wonder if you might consider getting your jollies in less nasty ways.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Janice

Dear Keri,<BR>Rather expensive, but Eileen Fisher makes wonderful clothes for travel: washable wool jersey and crepe, nice basic beautiful things.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Therese

I second the vote for Lands End---they'll hem to your specifications, and you can sometimes specify the "rise" in trousers. They also offer longer lengths in skirts. <BR><BR>I also tend to not like the drapey Chico's look (though I do have some of their more tailored things)---comfortable, but just not my style.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:56 AM
Marissa

Why is it so many people are obsessed with being "stylish" when going to Europe? When you arrive, there will be no fashion police to cite you.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:01 AM
xxx

Marissa, so many people are not "obsessed with being stylish" in Europe. Some people just want a little advice on clothing for their trip - that's all - a little help from people who are willing to help and who may have something to offer a fellow citizen of the world. <BR><BR>You should have just passed on by.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:26 AM
traveler

Some of us just like to look good. Is it a crime not to want to look like you slept in your clothes. I dress at home; why should I want to look less for another country. And you are judged by your appearance, despite how hard everyone tries to say it isn't so. And, yes, I care.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Red

I'm a Chicos and Eileen Fisher (washable wool crepe to die for) fan too. This stuff does not wrinkle and it's not like other elastic-waist stuff. I also take stretch-twill pants that also don't wrinkle.<BR><BR>Stay away from the Travel catalog stuff - that stuff is dowdy.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Liz

2 other possibilities esp. for tall:<BR><BR>www.jjill.com<BR>www.llbean.com (esp. the traveller section).

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Lily

I LOVE fashion questions! Is it just a woman thing??? Either way I hope those who hate the fashion questions just ignore our posts, we really don't mean to upset you.<BR><BR> Anything stretchy works well (minimal wrinkles)and there are alot of nice stylish stretch things now. Even blouses with 5% spandex are much better when avoiding wrinkles.<BR><BR>Lily

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:46 AM
NYgirl

While some people condemn these questions,these same people are probably shopping their heads off in whatever country they visit!<BR>I like to get those skirts that are made of that jersey with stretch in them,you can roll them up in a ball and they come out perfectly smooth.<BR>Eileen Fisher is good,so is Chico,s,sometimes in the fall,Banana Republic will have something good,always in BLACK<BR>Also-JJill cataloge has some nice looking things.<BR>There is in NYC a store called CPShades, they make great soft loose tops and pants/skirts that are wonderful for summer trips.<BR>and I wish I were nearer 6 ft tall

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Freddie

Do we know what sex Keri is~~& if male I can give some useful ideas. Youre a six footer, I take it. So, one suit, dark, and a sport coat, with two matching pants, one to go with the suit coat. Two dark ties, two white shirts and the rest tan or grey. I take 3 pr. of shoes - slip ons for comfort, and one running shoe. One pr shorts and some t-shirts and a baseball cap. Rubber overshoes in case it rains, this way no raincoat or umbrella to take up room. Several handkerchefs.<BR><BR>If Keri is a female, got to opt out.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:00 AM
nygirl

Freddie-<BR>Since Keri asked about skirts,I am guessing she is female<BR><BR>But it was nice of you to try~

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Freddie

Golly, I completely left out the bvds, whats a fella gonna do without a fresh change everyday. Remember what mom used to say - have on a clean pair incase you have to go to the hospital. Hope you and the wife have a great trip, Keri.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:16 AM
s

Ohhh Freddie, you and your bvds!<BR>I bet even those are stylish~

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Freddie

I'm just a jumping jack when it comes to bvds, complete with rubber overshoes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -