Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > I am stressing, help w/Munich,Prague ,Krakow

I am stressing, help w/Munich,Prague ,Krakow

Sep 29th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Original Poster

I am stressing, help w/Munich,Prague ,Krakow

Ok, I give in...I need help.
We are going to Munich, Prague and hopefully to Krakow. The lenght of my trip is from March 12 to March 24. My wishful itinerary is as follows: Munich and regions, Krakow (concentration camp) and ending in Prague. Is this too much for the amount of days we are going? I am thinking about renting a car while in Munich, is it safe driving there? Now, I see Krakow is a 7 hour train ride, we are traveling with our 4yr old child is this doable.
4 days in Munich
3 days in Krakow
5 in Prague.
would it make more sense to go Munich-Krakow, since we'll be departing from Prague to home?
I know is too many questions, but I've done some research and I just getting more confused. (I usually rely on Rick Steves books)
Thanks in advance, please be nice to me!
Sep 29th, 2005, 11:18 PM

I don't think it's too much at all. However, these cities are some distance apart. Are you interested at all in an overnight train with a sleeper car? Munich to Krakow leaves at 11:45 pm and arrives at 1:06 pm.

Likewise, there's an overnight train leaving Krakow for Prague at 10:50 pm, arriving in Prague at 7:25 am.

Since you want to end up in Prague, driving really doesn't look like a good option. According to www.mappy.com, drive time from Munich to Krakow is more than 10 hours. Krakow to Prague is 6.5 hours. In addition, you have the problem of pickup and drop off locations in different countries. We weren't able to arrange that type of rental online. Perhaps there's a way to do it, but I don't know what it is. Overnight train really looks like your best bet.

I would suggest looking into cheap intra-europe flights, but I couldn't find any cheap flights into our out of Krakow.
Sep 30th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I was thinking about just renting a car to do some sightseeing in the Munich Bavaria area.
It is a long trip from Munich to Krakow, can you really get a good night of sleep in overnights trains?

Search this Thread