Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I am SO Bored! What are you all doing this weekend?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 06:46 PM
Bored

<BR>I would like to live vicariously through you,wherever you are.So-do tell details!Thanks.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 06:53 PM
Lenny

Not only are you bored, but you're weird. About as weird as anyone who seriously replies to this. Who the hell cares what people I don't know say they are doing? Hell, I don't even care what people I do know are doing. GET A LIFE!!!<BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:01 PM
CalGal

Why Lenny.Someone else is weird for replying to this thread? You did.<BR>Someone should get a life? Like yours?<BR><BR>I have plans to go horseback riding on the beach with friends tomorrow.<BR>Sunday we are going to a concert and having a family BBQ.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:18 PM
Herb

Lenny may have a point - what does this have to do with travel, european or otherwise.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:21 PM
xxx

Treveling to the horse stables, traveling to the back yard for the bbq.<BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:35 PM
Howfoolish

Here's what I am doing this weekend: visiting my 93-year-old mother in the hospital, spoon-feeding her lunch and dinner, and going to look at nursing homes to move her into from her assisted living community. I would give ANYTHING to be bored. And you have no one to blame but yourself if you ARE bored.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:38 PM
Sorry

Don't let anyone bash you, Bored. If the comments some people make here(on an on-going basis) is any indication, there are a lot of bored people around. Also, a lot of people in need of a lot of attention. <BR><BR>Hope you find something interesting and fun to do. Pretend you are a tourist in your own city, read a good book, see a good movie, get together with a friend, do volunteer work. Afterwards, come back and see your responses! Hope your weekend is better than you anticipate!

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:50 PM
Bored

Gee, I never thought that this would stir up so much animosity!<BR>I am bored because I am stuck in the house with a sprained ankle.<BR>There is nothing on television,I finished my library book,read all my magazines and my husband is asleep.<BR>I sit here and read about all the hotels and trips and wish I could go somewhere too.So I thought I could hear about what people in other places are doing.<BR>Sorry if it bothered some of you.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:52 PM
Sorry

Hope your ankle mends quickly. How about a glass of wine? Then read all the silly threads!

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:57 PM
Peach

Know what you mean Bored... ;-) I broke my ankle and was out of commission for what seemed like eternity... ;-) It was a relief to return to my job of standing around my clothing shop all day... ;-)<BR>While I was out with my ankle one thing I did was to plan a trip... it was a lot of fun.. and know it's paid off... I might finally get to take my 'fantasy trip'...

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:59 PM
Bored

Thanks "Sorry" and Peach-<BR>Peach,where are you going?

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 08:04 PM
Peach

I'm planning a trip to Ireland, I've always wanted to go- probably something to do with my Irish grandmother always sharing stories when my cousins and I were small... I can't remember much, but I do have this image in my mind of my little cousin Karin and I sitting on the floor while my grandmother flipped through a scrapbook showing us pictures...

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 08:11 PM
Howfoolish

Sorry, Bored. I didn't mean to bash you. I'm not a mean-spirited person, honest, but I'm under a lot of stress and can imagine nothing more wonderful than having nothing to do. There's always the wonderland of the internet to amuse you. At least you didn't sprain your finger, so you can still type! Hope your ankle heals quickly.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 10:12 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>I'm going to a school reunion in Britain.<BR><BR>Up early, cleaned the pool, off in 30 minutes.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 10:30 PM
mark

Just got back from a late showing of Lilo & Stitch. Going down to Philadelphia to see a friend tomorrow. He's off to Ibiza next Saturday - I wanted to go but rd-trip ticket was $1200. <BR>With the type of people who are out an about in the city tonight, believe me you're better off at home - lots of fashion plate bridge & tunnel types - maybe it's the moon. <BR>Got my package from Amazon - the Knopf guide to Bali (next year) and Lonely Planets Eastern European Phrase book (Dubrovnik in Sept and Prague in October)<BR>And Bored - I agree - there is nothing on TV.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 10:51 PM
sittinathome

My husband will be spending the weekend pulling his whiskers.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:52 AM
Mom

Hi Bored, I can sympathise with you too. A few weeks ago I was in bed for the weekend and all I heard was "oh I'd love to lie in bed all day reading". Grrrr!<BR>This weekend is not exciting:<BR>grocery shopping<BR>prep teriyaki wings for lunch with parents on Sunday <BR>etc<BR>Our kids had a sleepover last night so I'v got 5 to feed breakfast to in a minute! They're happily playing Lego right now so I've still got time to fodors!

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:16 AM
Maira

I have family over so I took them on Thursday to Fort Ticonderoga (near Lake Champlain in the Adirondack Mountains) yesterday to West Point Military Academy, we are heading out today to see the USS Nautilus Submarine Museum, and tomorrow night to a local baseball game. That's what happens when all my nephews (four!!) invade the house of their favorite aunt!!!

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:37 AM
Craig

Going to a BBQ in Sneek, the Netherlands. There will be a couple of families (8 or so kids) so we'll be sporting and eating all day, provided it doesn't rain.<BR>I know we'll be on the water, that is what Sneek is known for -- water sports. And I know we'll scrape together a football game or two. What I really hope to do is learn how to play Kaatsen (look it up on Google) as this is a typical Frisian game and the grandpappy of tennis and even, to an extent, golf.<BR><BR>Remeber R.I.C.E. for a sprain:<BR>Rest<BR>Ice<BR>Compression &<BR>Elevation<BR><BR>-Craig

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:00 AM
up

tops

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -