Hydrofoiling it to Stockholm

Feb 16th, 2001, 07:05 AM
topper

Hydrofoiling it to Stockholm

Tallin to Stockholm
Author: Amy ([email protected])
Date: 2/15/2001, 8:49 pm ET

Message: Has anyone taken the overnight boat from Tallinn to Stockholm? We would like to go from Tallin to Stockholm. Someone suggested (despite being less direct) that the better way is to take a hydro-foil to Helsinki, then the overnight cruise ship from Helsinki to Stockholm. This sounds far less convenient to me. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has done either of these trips. Many thanks!

Apr 15th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Sarah

I have the same question. Has anyone taken this trip?

Apr 15th, 2002, 11:06 AM
elina

I go regularly from Helsinki to Stockholm and Tallinn. Both ferries Helsinki-Stockholm and fast catamarans Helsinki-Tallinn are good to travel, but since I have never taken a ferry Tallinn-Stockholm, I cannot really make comparisons.

Apr 15th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Sarah

Is the ferry from Helsinki to Stockholm much more scenic and fun than the ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm? Would I be disappointed in the views from the ferry departing from Tallinn? I don't know why but one guidebook states that there is a tremedous difference.

Apr 16th, 2002, 08:33 AM
elina

The ferry from Tallinn to Stockholm goes more on open sea, while Helsinki-Stockholm goes through one of the most beautiful archipelagos in the world. If you decide on that, try to get a cabin with a window from the outer side of the boat. There are thousands of little islands between Finland and Sweden, and it is impressive how the massive boats can navigate between those.