Hvar car rental

Jun 28th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

Hvar car rental

Rent a car on Hvar, it is amazing. The island is so full of special places to make for an unforgettable day. Ours including private coves, and wine on a secluded terrace overlooking Brac. Do not miss getting out of town and finding the peaceful spots this island has to offer.

Boat trip are wonderful. Hvar is so much more peaceful than Dubrovnik. The islands are fantastic.

One more tip, you can take a public bus from Dubrovniks bus station to Mostar and do this trip on your own. Lots of people were doing this. The bus left at 8 a.m. I have no idea about the return though.

The travel agencies here on Hvar offer more connections to Bol and to Split, than the public transportation schedules. Example, you can take a catamaran to Split with the Perigrini travel agency at 7:45 a.m. each day and has an afternoon return time.

Until later....
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM

Thank you Images - I love seeing these snippets of your trip!

Did you notice any alternate CAR transport from Hvar to Split? The Jadrolina times are rotten for the day we want to return to the mainland. We might have to take the 5:35 AM ferry!
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:17 PM

Additionally - can you tell us what your driving route was on Hvar Island? We will have a car and since we are driving to Hvar town from the east side of the island, maybe we can make a few stops on the way in.
Jun 28th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Syl

Also very interested in your Hvar favorite spots.We'll also have a car.
Looking forward to hearing it all.Thanks.
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM

Images2,
Thanks for posting this. We will also have a car (staying in Hvar town) and would love to hear about your drives and favorite spots on the island.
Jun 29th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Actually, I found a post on this site, awhile ago and their drive on the island and followed alot of it, adding a bit. The beach they went to, Rapa which is just past the road that turns off to Vbronska was so private, and easy water access. The hike to it says 300 meters, but it was actually probably 600 meters, of rocky path, a bit steep going down. Actually climbing back up was easier. When you get to the water veer to the right and climb over the flat rocks for a bit, until you find "your" spot. This area is just before the FKK campground, so you can imagine... Then in the village of Pitve, I think, south of Jelsa, is a small outdoor restaurant, under grapevine arbors. It may be called Dubovinik, the owner makes his own excellent wine. He doesn't serve dinner until 6 p.m. but he was so friendly, and invited us to stay for wine. He led us to a small table above the others and the view was incredible, looking out to Brac. No one else was there, and the quiet was intoxicating!! The wine to! He gave us his card, and told him we'd tell others to find his place. You'd all love it. Then through the tunnel, which is controlled by a working signal, it was errie, but fine, to Zavala, and wonderful beaches if you hike to the right, a while from the limited parking. Lots of pine tree shade here also, which is very important when it's 95 degrees and higher each day. We also went to Vbronska itself on our return. It's cute with small canals, but not much there.

Today we went to Brac. I'll post seperatly for that.

We are finding that there is alot of private excursion transportaion opportunities here, but with a car, I think you have to stick with Jad... Ferry company. I know their schedules are bad. Good luck.
Jun 29th, 2006, 08:50 AM

Thanks Images - I will just have to be on that ferry then!
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:49 AM

Images2 - I think the restaurant in Pitve you're speaking of is Knoba Dvor Dubokovic. I'm friends with the family. That table on the second floor looking out over the vineyards toward Brac is wonderful - his wine is excellent and his 'octopus under the bell' is magnificent. Sounds like you're having a great time...
Jun 29th, 2006, 03:54 PM

Syl,
I think the post that Images is talking about is http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...2&tid=34696554

Thanks Images, enjoy the rest of yur trip!
Jun 30th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Syl

xyz99,
I'm trying to figure out how you transfered that post address onto this post. Thanks
Jun 30th, 2006, 02:46 PM

Syl,
Just click on the thread title, then copy/paste the URL.
Jul 1st, 2006, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Yes, Carta P., that is the restaurant!! We just loved his red wine, it had a bit of a fiz to it. We wished we had bought a bottle of it. Yes also, it was that table. Magical!