My husband and I will be driving around the Bavarian alps for 8 days in mid July. I wanted to do hut to hut hiking for 2 of those days and stay one night at a hut. I have looked at the recommended hut booking website:
Even after translating it into English I am still having trouble figuring out which mountain peaks to choose and which huts to look at. Does anyone have a good map recommendation for hikes? Or can anyone recommend a specific hut for a 2 day hike ( 1/2 day there 1/2 day back)? I was hoping to start hiking up somewhere around the REIT Im winkle area or any of the surrounding towns. We would have to begin the hike did end it in the same place so that we can pick up our car and keep going.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Ann
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 3 10 Days in Austria
- 4 Valentine Day Gift for Girlfriend 2018
- 5 bodyweight reduce applications
- 6 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 7 Le Marche Research Help
- 8 Help with Venice Trip?
- 9 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 10 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 11 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 14 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 15 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 16 Greece in end October
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 21 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 22 Favorite London memories
- 23 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 24 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler