Reload this Page >

Barcelona Hotel in March

Search

Barcelona Hotel in March

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 02:02 AM
szekiu

Barcelona Hotel in March

Hi Everyone, <BR>I will go to Barcelona around Mid-March with 3 friends, we thought it's not the peak season, we still play safe and tried to book the hotels online. Surprisingly, almost 90% of hotels full!!!! We can hardly find one room. Do you think it's okay for me to find a room after we arrived? or we should try harder to get one b4? Finally, can anyone tell me why the hotels are all full in March, a non-peak season? thank you very much.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Nan

Hello, Szekiu <BR>We went to Barcelona March of 2000 and all the hotels were booked as well! We had a terrible time getting reservations anywhere. We usually do when we visit Europe, but, decided that we wouldn't have to in March. <BR>There was a major convention in town! Apparently, Barcelona is popular in March for this. <BR>I would surely book before you go! <BR>You may have to search to find a well priced hotel as rooms were at a premium. <BR>

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 02:07 PM
Capo

Hi Szekiu. Like Nan, we went to Barcelona in March of 2000 and had trouble finding a room (within our price range anyway, under $100/night) too. We finally found one at the wonderful, and convenient (a half-block from the Passeig de Gracia), Hotel Gran Via, so you might want to try there. We had a room with a double bed and private bath for about 14,000 pesetas/night. <BR> <BR>Gran Via 642 (Metro: Catalunya) <BR>Tel. 93 318 19 00, Fax 93 318 99 97 <BR> <BR>Good luck! Barcelona is a wonderful city. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 02:27 PM
Patrick

I guess my attitude is that if you are having a hard time finding a hotel in advance, it will certainly be even harder finding one when you get there. And wouldn't you rather spend the time looking for one now, instead of losing valuable travel time once you get there searching around for a room? I'd keep plugging away at it so you don't have the pressure when you get there. There have been numerous posts before on Barcelona hotels, so I'd suggest a search for some of those if you have exhausted the guide books' suggestions.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 07:12 PM
szekiu

Nan, Capo and Patrick, <BR> <BR>thank you for you guys' suggestion, i did make a phone call to barcelona and have a room for 4 days finally.