Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How's London in Feb. and does anyone know of a website for phonebooks in the London vicinity?

How's London in Feb. and does anyone know of a website for phonebooks in the London vicinity?

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 11:04 AM
Art

I'm considering a trip to London in Feb. and am wondering what weather to expect. Also, I'm looking to connect with a long lost friend in the London area and am wondering if there's a site that has phone numbers for the area. I did one web search and couldn't find an associated site.

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Jane

I think you can find the phone number of anyone who's not ex-directory on www.bt.com/phonenetuk/ or www.192.com

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 12:34 PM
Beth Anderson

Hi, <BR> <BR>For what this is worth, I was in London this past February - the weather was sunny the ENTIRE time and in the 50s. However, I understand it is very unpredictable so it really is the luck of the draw.

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 03:24 PM
Ben Haines

50 was indeed unusual for February. Average figures are on http://www.worldclimate.com/. <BR> <BR>Welcome to London <BR> <BR>Ben Haines <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 01:26 PM
Kathy

Take weather resistent shoes, long underwear, a winter coat and an umbrella and you will have a great time. No, the weather is not great, but last Feb I spent a week doing museums, walking tours, etc and had a great time (without all the "nice weather" crowds). I'm already eyeing up those cheap winter tour packages for this winter.... Good luck finding your friend.