Basque region or Italy?

Old Mar 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basque region or Italy?

Hello, Need some advice...

I will be traveling with my friend for a few weeks to see the main sites in France and Italy. We depart in Rome (June 28) and I have until July 20 to figure out what to do with myself. I fly out of Barcelona on July 20th. Need some help figuring out what to do.

Options: Travel south of Rome... Naples, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast, Sicily, Malta, take a boat to Barcelona ...fly home

Basque region or Camino De Santiago..

Please any suggestions would be great!!
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 07:53 PM

Basque region or Camino De Santiago? And just what is it you are interested in seeing and doing?
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 08:02 PM

Well, how did this plan transpire? You leave Rome June 28 and then leave Barcelona July 20. OK. Do you have a car? Traveling by train? Interests? People here don't have crystal balls about what you might want to do or what interests you, y'know?

"Any suggestions would be great" is a waste of time for people who know what they're talking about here - and there are plenty of them - because who wants to type a whole lot of stuff that's going to end up in the wastebasket?

YOU need to do your own research and ask very specific questions in order to get the best feedback.
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 08:05 AM

This is the Spain forum so the answer is the Basque region and Santiago. Especially at that time of year.
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Original Poster

Wow stcirq thanks for the lecture. That comment will end up in my wastebasket so looks like u did waste your time. Don't appreciate the arrogance btw
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 09:26 AM

StCirq is NOT arrogant - just trying to get a tiny bit of info to work from. We are not mind readers - and don't know if you are interested in fine dining, llama herding or clog dancing.

And the attitude problem is yours honey.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 10:43 AM

You could also train along the Italian Riviera and on over to French Riviera and finally to Barcelona.

Hub and I trained from Barcelona to Montpellier to Nice (with those 3 towns as bases for local exploration. 22 days would be ample for that. Also for the areas you mentioned in Southern Italy. Can't help with ferry or boat to Barcelona though.

I have never been on Camino de Santiago so no help there.

You do need to say where your general interests lie (lay? I always forget) and if you plan to drive-there are some veteran travelers with great advice. Everybody have some wine and try this again.
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 11:20 AM

ps-IMO, Sicily could be a trip of it's own.