how to reach Bodrum or Marmaris

Old Nov 29th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to reach Bodrum or Marmaris

I am planning a trip to Turkey that involves flying from Istanbul to Izmir to visit Ephesus. After visiting Ephesus, I want to travel to Bodrum or Marmaris.

I will not be renting a car. Can anyone tell me how to reach Bodrum or Marmaris from Izmir without a rental car? Also, how many hours would the trip be?
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 11:22 AM

We took a bus, but it was MANY years ago. I don't recall it being an unreasonably long trip.
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 11:36 AM

From Izmir to Marmaris and Bodrum there are several Coaches. To Marmaris it is very very cheap that u cant be able to believe when u hear. I recommend you to go to Marmaris than Bodrum cause Bodrum lives in summer. But Marmaris with Sedir Island(with Cleopatra Beach), Turunc, Dalyan, and lots of history and colorful nature, sea and hotsprings is a must in my list.
enjoy for me too
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 12:26 PM

Don't you hate it when people offer advice you didn't ask for? Well, here goes some more. You might reconsider renting a car. Driving in Turkey was so easy -- hardly any traffic, very well maintained and well marked roads, and a breeze. We really enjoyed our driving in Turkey (from Keyseri through Cappodocia to Antalya, Marmaris, Bodrum, and up to Kusadasi).
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 01:53 PM

If you like Ephesus, you will like also Priene, Didyma and Melitus, three ancient Greek ruins you can easily see in a day driving from Ephesus to Bodrum. We did it in the reverse from Bodrum to Ephesus. With a car you can also see Sirince near Ephesus a charming village on the hills. We then drove from Sirince to Izmir airport and all was easy, excellent roads no bad drivers or bad traffic, despite what you might read. (We were there at the beginning of June last year.) Rental car facilities at Izmir or Marmaris (where we picked up our car after a week on a sailboat) were easy and convenient. In Bodrum I highly recommend the hotel and restaurant El Vino, a beautiful hotel owned by two hotel architects, gorgeous pool and lovely rooftop restaurant overlooking the town and harbor. It is not right on the waterfront but that was actually a plus. Enjoy planning your trip!
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 01:38 AM

Hi JoyceL,

After Ephesus you can find many bus companies to go to Bodrum which is 3-4 hours (depend on bus company) then to Marmaris which is another 3 hours.

I recommend you stop in Bodrum. a night is enough or is you want to have fun you may stay a month in Bodrum.

Have a nice trip in Turkey

Sinan

Old Nov 30th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all your suggestions. You've given me a lot to think about.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 08:47 AM
cmt

It was about a 5-hour ride from Marmaris to near Ephesus. I don't know about public transportation, since I was on a tour. I can understand not wanting to rent a car, and I hate driving anything longer than two hours myself.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 09:05 AM

Whatever, however... But go. Loved Bodrum & Marmaris!