How to plan days in Barcelona?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. I'll be traveling to BCN at the end of this month (Dec 29 - Jan 4) with a friend of mine and we'll be staying at a friends apartment. She will be working during the day so we're on our own to explore the city during the day. I was trying to organize a rough itinerary for us for each day, and trying to fix it to that we explore areas that are close to each other, but since I'm not familiar with Barcelona at all I'm having a difficult time. I want to see all of the important things, and also want to maybe take a day trip to Montserrat. Can someone help me out and help me organize a rough itinerary?
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 06:07 PM

If you click on my name, you can read my trip report to Barcelona. We were just there in October & loved it!!! You could see the churches & Picasso Museum in the Born/Gothic Quarter in one day plus La Rambla & the Boqueria Market.
Another day you could see the Gaudi sights, such as Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera & Casa Battlo. Another day you could wander through Gracia & then head up to Parc Guell. Public transportation & taxis are reasonable so you don't have to walk if you don't want to. You could spend a day at Montjuic seeing the fort & museums & walking around the grounds.
Hope this helps.
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 06:09 PM

You might take a look at a guide book and the map of the city first.
If YOU come up with a rough itinerary, you'll get many suggestions on how to improve it.
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Barcelona is one city where I have found the hop-on-hop-off bus very useful, as there are attractions spread out over a wide area. If you look at the route maps on the web site you will see where many of the attractions are located. There are three routes.
http://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat/web/guest.
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 07:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
There is a lot of useful information about planning a visit to Barcelona in Maribel's Guide at www.maribelsguides.com.