How to get refund from Faville Tours?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Sept. 25, 2013, Faville Tours rental agency agreed to a partial refund of rental fees since the Venice apt. they rented to us had no hot water and we had to find another place to rent. They still have not refunded the money and they keep on giving different excuses. Any ideas who can help us in getting them to refund us the money? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 02:47 PM

Did you use a charge card to pay the rental fees? If so, you might pursue a chargeback through your credit card company. Read your credit agreement for the fine print as to what situations can be remedied in this manner. Have you documented the situation with Faville?

Otherwise, start sharing your experience--as fairly as possible--on travel sites and send them links to your reviews. That might force a resolution.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 04:37 PM

Where are they located. Do they have a presence in the US so you can take them to small claims court?

If not, and they are based on Italy - I believe there are tourist police you can complain to.
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Faville Tours are based in Venice, Italy with no presence in the US. I've disputed the claim with my credit card company and I've added my experience on some travel sites. Thank you very much for your suggestions, I will report in the future on resolution of this issue.