Search

How to get from Capri to Naples train station

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to get from Capri to Naples train station

Hi all,

I need some advice on the fastest way to get to the Naples train station (Napoli Centrale - Piazza Garibaldi) from Capri. Is there a ferry or hydrofoil, and if so, does it run in late March? My fiance and I will be on vacation in Capri, and will need to catch a train in Naples to head to Rome. We'd like to leave Capri in the morning and be in Rome by the early afternoon or evening.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 12:05 AM

Year-round hydrofoil services between Capri and Naples...

Then taxi from Molo Beverello to Napoli Centrale station, for the FrecciaRossa train to Rome - lots to choose from, but way too soon to see the options:

http://www.fsitaliane.it/cms/v/index...003f16f90aRCRD

Use "Napoli Centrale" and "Roma Termini" on that one, as its atlas apparently has no English!

Peter
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much Peter for your reply - It is really very helpful for us!

Do you happen to know approximately how long the taxi ride is from Molo Beverello to Napoli Centrale station?

Do you recommend that we buy our Rome train tickets in advance for a weekday?

Thanks!
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 03:58 PM

I would check how early the hydrofoils leave Capri. I now even in the summer they don;t run after about 6 in the evening - not sure when they start.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

That won't be a problem for us. We plan to leave Capri early, around 9 am, but we'll definitely check the schedules beforehand. Thanks for the heads up nytraveler.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The Ali Bus also runs between the port, train station and airport.
http://www.napoliunplugged.com/naple...irport-shuttle
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:13 PM

Nice of you to include a link to that page, on which a stolen photo of mine appears.

For a rather more thorough piece on the Alibus, try:

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/alibus

I've written and asked for its removal, but you may like to reconsider the merits of promoting such a site?

The taxi ride from the port to the station shouldn't take more than 10 minutes - it's only a couple of kilometres... though slightly further than you'd want to walk!

As a cheaper alternative, in addition to the Alibus, the trams are running again - take the number 1 for Piazza Garibaldi.

You may be able to secure a good (or better) discount by purchasing your train tickets ahead of time, however in 12 or 13 years of using that route we've never had any difficulties in just turning up and buying them immediately before travelling....

Unless pressed for time, the more coastal course followed by the slower and cheaper services (the Intercity trains and "downwards"), is a lot more scenic than the new direct trackway built for the Freccias - which are often running in tunnels, or between high glass safety walls:

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/129591563

Peter

PS: With the possible exception of Christmas Day, for those who commute to work, school or university, there are early morning ferry and hydrofoil services to and from all of the islands of the Bay!

For an idea of the Capri list, through until 11PM, see:

http://www.capri.net/en/ferry-schedule?path_id=5
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 12:23 AM

Pleased to see the photo has now been removed... although without the courtesy of a response, reply or apology.

Peter
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 08:22 AM

Apology received, with the blame attributed to an anonymous "overzealous employee"...

You'd think it would be simple - to avoid posting other people's photos to a business website, just don't download copies of them onto the office computer?

Peter
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Peter, why not offer them rights to the picture for their website only, posting your copyyright, for a reasonable fee? It wouldn't hurt to ask!
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 09:43 PM

Thank you for the suggestion, but I've a simple approach to this, which I've applied in previous cases: request the removal the photo immediately, and offer to negotiate a licence fee for its subsequent use.... I long ago learnt there's no point asking for one to cover retrospective use!

And to date it's always been the same with such "bloggers" - be they in Denmark writing about Rome, or closer to home... professions of an innocent mistake, and no desire to pay for what they've merrily been taking advantage of for free.

Yet all the while, they'll happily claim their own copyright to what's on the site, reserving "All rights" - and often plaster every page with adverts, so perhaps the better answer would be to go directly to their sponsors!

Peter