I am tacking on 4 days of sightseeing to a business trip in May and would like opinions on how to accomplish this efficiently.
I will be overnight at the Madrid Airport hotel the night before my 4 full days.
My motivation for Lorca is that my Spanish ancestors are from there (1690) and I'm curious to visit the town---I realize it's off the beaten path. In reviewing travel options it appears driving might be the most efficient and economical for Day 2 and 3.
Here is what I'm thinking so far:
Day 1: Explore Madrid
Day 2: in the morning drive a rental car to Lorca (4.5 hrs)
spend the afternoon exploring the Castle Del Sol and the excavated Synagogue
Day 3: morning, explore the town of Lorca; in afternoon drive back to Madrid, return car
Day 4: either more Madrid or take a day trip to Toledo
Although I realize it's crazy to make the trek to Lorca.... but if not now, when?
In the fall our family is planning a trip to the Basque country so we'll be on the other side of the country.
Thoughts or suggestions about this itinerary?
Would I be better served to soak in Madrid and surrounding area than squeezing in Lorca?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Trains - website?
- 9 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 10 Paris Apartment
- 11 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 12 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach
How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?