How to dress for Spain trip

Sep 21st, 2001, 08:34 AM
carla

How to dress for Spain trip

My husband and I will be in Southern Spain in mid october and like to fit in with the locals wherever we travel. What do spainards wear during the day and at night to restaurants? For instance, when we were in Rome, we noticed that the Italians, of course, dress impeccably and the women all had very high heels and one incredible piece of jewelry.
We will be in Seville and Granada. Please be as specific as possible in your descriptions.

Sep 21st, 2001, 12:27 PM
Topper

ttt....

Sep 21st, 2001, 03:05 PM
Cheryl Z.

Hello Caria -
When we were in Spain (and Portugal) a couple years ago, my dressiest outfit was usually black slacks and a casual top - scoop neck with short sleeves, and plain jacket when needed, black flat shoes. My husband wore khakis and polo shirts. We always felt fairly comfortable wherever we went and we ate in some nice places. Didn't go out to clubs etc tho. I noticed lots of black, darker colors. Italians usually do dress up more so don't let that worry you. Even in hot weather, women are often in nylons and heels on their vespas, and men in lognsleeve shirts.
I also don't bother with accessories - I wear my basic normal jewelry and that's it. I wrote about our trip on here back then, and also mentioned the best thing I brought along was a long, hooded black, London Fog raincoat - very lightweight, practical, dressy. Used it alot - was chilly/rainy in Madrid. You might need something like that for Oct. weather.
Have a great trip.

Sep 22nd, 2001, 02:46 PM
Myriam

This webpage may be useful: http://www.andalucia.com/tourism/dress.htm

Search this Thread