How to Buy Eurostar Tickets Online?

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Melissa

How to Buy Eurostar Tickets Online?

I've been to the Eurostar website but apparently you can only buy them on-line if you are a UK resident. Is there another website I have not found, or a telephone number ???? Please help. Surely you can call I would think.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Martha

There have been many threads about this that you can check. I bought tickets on line from the states in March through the Eurostar.co.uk website. They were shipped to me in Missouri and I received them in two days.
Martha

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Ana

I realize you're asking about the Eurostar only. But I believe it's pretty similar to other countries' rail sites. For example, Swiss Rail offers tickets that they will mail to your home in the US also. You can even purchase SNCF rail tickets via their site. The only thing you need to pick them up in person when you reach France. Buying direct saves alot of money instead of buying through RailEurope.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Melissa

The Eurostar.co.uk website does not show the same type of fare that the Eurostar home page does (14 day advance purchase for 79 pounds, vs. 135 on the Eurostar.co.uk.) That is a substantial difference. Short of buying tickets while in London, which I do not want to do, does anyone have any advice on this?
Also, if Martha is still out there, how much service charge was there to send you tickets to Missouri?

I'm still trying to get a phone number for Eurostar as well as I'd like to call them. Anyone have it? They must have a number.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:26 AM
george

I'd be interested in this number too if anyone has it.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Andre

Eurostar in the UK (if you're dialling from the US):

011 44 870 5186 186

Hope this helps,
Andre

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Melissa

Thank you Andre! It sure does not seem to me that Eurostar makes it very convenient for Americans to buy tickets ahead of time. Don't they want our business

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 10:17 AM
vivian

Hi Melissa,

That phone number mentioned by the previous poster might not work from outside the UK (it didn't when I tried back in April)... an alternate number that worked is 011-44-12-3361-7575 (dialing from the US).

I agree that you should do a search on this site as this question has definitely been asked more than once before...

I'll look for my previous post on this, which had some helpful comments from other people, and try topping it for you. It's called something like "Eurostar London-Paris how to hold tickets"