Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > How to buy 3 non-box La Scala tickets online?

How to buy 3 non-box La Scala tickets online?

Nov 3rd, 2005, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

How to buy 3 non-box La Scala tickets online?

Trying to get tickets to a ballet on 12/31. For three people, the only way I can find to get seats together is to buy a whole box for ~72E each, even though individual tickets are less.

For orchestra and balcony, I can't purchase three tickets. Only two. And since I can't choose seats online, if I do two separate order, I may have two seats here and one seat there.

Any ideas?
Nov 3rd, 2005, 05:08 PM
yk

Did you try calling? Sometimes that's the best way...
Nov 3rd, 2005, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

yk - Didn't you just polish your Italian? Wanna try it for us? Those 27E balcony seats will be okay...
Nov 3rd, 2005, 07:13 PM

The people at Charta (the online reservation service for La Scala) quickly respond to questions. I would e-mail them that very question.
[email protected]
Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:27 PM
yk

I'm pretty sure the people who work at La Scala box office speak English. I called La Fenice box office without any problem.

Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:50 PM
Original Poster

I emailed the tech support at Charta, but probably will call the box office directly. Tickets only went on sale Nov 2.
Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:05 PM

Try the box office, too. I was able to get some info from them, but the information person there was a little impatient with me. It was worth the experience, just communicating with the box office. Let me know how it goes for you.
Nov 4th, 2005, 12:38 PM

rkkwan, how is it going?
Nov 4th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Oh, didn't have time to do it this morning, and I can't call international long-distance from work. Will try it tomorrow morning.

Charta has responded to my email, saying they really can't book 3 seats together except getting a whole box. And they gave me another number to call.

Thanks for your help. I'll report how it goes.
Nov 4th, 2005, 10:23 PM

Thanks, :-"
Nov 5th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

viaggio_sempre: Thanks again for your info and interest in this thread. [I see that you're already helping another Fodorites on La Scala ticket right now.] Here's what happened.

Like I said, I emailed Charta to see if there's another way to book three balcony or orchestra tickets together. They replied very quickly saying no. But they give me a number to try. +39 02 72003744. This is NOT the automated number.

I called this morning (about 1pm Sat Italy time), and immediately got through. A guy who speaks fluent English explain to me their problem. And tell me one thing I can do is hold the two online reservations (one can do so for 24 hour) - one for 2 tics, one for a single, and then fax the info to this number with an explanation, +39 02 861768, and they MAY fix the seat for me.

[I also tried the automated line +39 02 860775, but again only 2 seats per transaction for balcony/orchestra.]

At the end, I don't think it's worth the trouble with all the phone calls and faxes. I really don't have to sit with my parents! So, I just went ahead and made two seperate online reservations for the 27E tickets. We're seperate, but that's okay...
Nov 5th, 2005, 08:49 AM

Okay, are those primary or secondary gallery seats? Have you looked for a good picture of La Scala to see where you are sitting? I found one here:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid..._scala_milan-i

Check out the "milano teatro alla scala" photo. I actually put it on as my desktop background to get a great look at where we want to sit.

Congratulations, it sounds like you got what you wanted. I can't wait to try for my reservation.
Nov 5th, 2005, 08:53 AM

Oh, when you see the photo on the yahoo site, click on it. When it opens the next page, click on "view image" at the top.
Nov 5th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Yeah, I've seen interior shots of La Scala, so I know where the seats are. All three that I bought are the 2nd cheapest ones (27E). The two together are on the 2nd Gallery (top level) - but they're on the side, so closer to the stage. The single is on 1st Gallery, almost dead center.

None of us are ballet fans. Last time I went to one may be Christmas-time Nutcracker in Houston around 15 years ago! We mainly want to see La Scala, and a New Year's Eve event seem pretty cool.
Nov 29th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

A little update:

Italians are geniuses. [Well, they make Ferraris and Lamborghinis afterall!] I can't buy 3 tickets together online or via the phone, right? And have to do 2 seperate orders with seats seperated. Yet, they managed to print out all three tickets together - still attached - and sent them all to me in one single envelope. Amazing!

Search this Thread