How Soon Should We Book Hotel Room?

Old Oct 18th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Soon Should We Book Hotel Room?

Hello,
We are in the planning stages of a trip to Croatia & Slovenia. We are planning on arriving in Dubrovnik on Saturday, September 5, 2020 and staying for 3 nights. DH & I will be traveling with his sister and her husband, so we will need to make sure we get rooms in the same hotel.
I am looking at a small hotel in the old town. They have 5 rooms, and they have a second property with two rooms in it.
How soon should we plan on booking our hotel rooms?
Old Oct 18th, 2019, 06:43 PM

If your dates are set and the hotel is accepting reservations 11 months out, do it now, assuming that they offer free cancellation up to a certain period.

September is still really busy in that region - I just got back from being in Dubrovnik in early Sept and it would be best to book as soon as possible especially with such a small hotel.
Old Oct 18th, 2019, 06:47 PM
kja

To me, it seems that you are looking before some rooms will even be placed on the rental market, but I think what you need to consider is
1. Can you book with the option to cancel?
2. How bad will you feel if you wait and don't get this particular hotel?
3. If you book, can't cancel, and find that you can't go, how will that affect you?
Old Oct 18th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

kja Thank you for posing those questions. I am going to reserve those rooms. I can just make a regular reservation, there's a 10% discount for paying ahead of time, but it's non-refundable. I would feel terrible if we missed out on this place. It's perfect for us.
Old Oct 18th, 2019, 09:25 PM
kja

Sounds like you've thought through was matters to you. Hope it all works out!
Old Oct 26th, 2019, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Now I have my eye on the most amazing villa in Split. Nobody has booked it yet for Summer 2020, so I think I have some time. But I hope we stay there because the whole place looks amazing and it's in the perfect location
Old Oct 27th, 2019, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by halfapair View Post
Now I have my eye on the most amazing villa in Split. Nobody has booked it yet for Summer 2020, so I think I have some time. But I hope we stay there because the whole place looks amazing and it's in the perfect location
seriously, since it looks amazing and is in the perfect location, what are you waiting for?
Old Oct 27th, 2019, 09:39 AM

This far ahead, book with FREE CANCELLATION. It's not worth the risk...

www.Booking.com offers this as standard. I NEVER risk non-refundable hotels if i don't have to. I nab a room with free cancellation, so I know I have somewhere, then often cancel and book somewhere else when I have done more research, or have finalised my plans, which often evolve and change.
Old Oct 28th, 2019, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

So far, everything I've booked has free cancellation. The AirBnB requires a deposit, and only part of the deposit is refundable if I cancel. I am not comfortable booking the AirBnB until we have purchased airline tickets.

I haven't even had a chance to go over the itinerary with my sister-in-law & brother-in-law. They don't want to be involved in the planning of the trip, but I at least want to make sure they are comfortable with everything before we move forward with non-refundable deposits, etc.